12v inquiry

Robts

Proud Fummins Owner
I've been doing alot of figures.$$$$$$$ I'm looking at possbily doing a swap instead of pouring money in my 6.0l( just thinking now) I know the 12v are the way to go. Is it possbile to get a 800+ 12vtruck that is reliable to drive. What year motor should I buy? I want to start looking into this.

Need help 12v guys

Robts, I am partial to 12 valve Cummins-powered trucks myself. Glad to see you agree. These engines are certainly capable of 800+ horsepower. I get the impression from reading here and elsewhere that trucks with that sort of horsepower are generally not street-driven. The way I am headed is going for 600-650 on #2 only, and have nitrous there for more power if I feel the need (like on the strip or pulling). That should be somewhat streetable. Others will chime in, no doubt. Good luck!

I just popped my 2000 7.3L and building a 98 12 valve to put back in. I am rebuilding the entire engine and have just dropped the engine off at a machine shop to be cleaned up. I am still not sure of which mods I am going with, but I do want twins and 600 hp.

you can make a 800 hp street able ask Maddog. It just takes more money. Like a stand alone valve body and a high stall TC.

get a motor from a 5 speed truck, it has the big 215 pump. if you dont cut corners and do things right the first time your goals should be attainable. a common rail 04.5-06 is very easy and you can turn off the power when you want to. do a search on here, a member from NJ just put an 03 common rail in his super duty and it runs great and looks even better.

not ragging on the 12v they are a good motor but i don't see a 800hp daily driver, maybe if your daily drive is 3-5 miles lol. I would shoot for 600, 600hp on the street is nasty. My brothers 06 dodge is just over 600 and it is a blast on the street but there are times ( like in the winter) it can be a pita to drive.
also once you figure everything needed to convert +the motor+perf parts it would be just as cheep if not cheeper to do up your 6.0
robert

I picked up everyting from the machine shop yesterday and now going to prep and paint everything and piece it all together in the truck. Not sure how to make the two turbos fit in the ford wih the hvac box right there. Looks like that is going to be the hardest part of the install. i went back with all stock bottom end, but it was all cryoed.

Back