12v Marine pistons on the street

I decked the block .010, used the non intercooled pistons and I am going to try a stock gasket. The pistons are sticking out .030.

FWIW I would not decompress a 12v Cummins thats going to ever run on the street, knocking down the static comp. will soften up the bottom end and thats no fun on the street exp. with to much charger. Ive said before I think decompressing these engines is way over rated. Its more important to know where your at with bowl design, inj. patterns, and amount of timing available. More than your goal of power can be made at 24-26* and this can be done with out diff. pistons. Think, keeping the inj. close as poss. to the piston so more timing can be ran, shaving pistons down is the wrong direction IMO.

Part of the reason I want to run these is that I can use off the shelf DDP4's or comparable honed 370's and be fine. Im actually upping the compression on my tow rig to help the bottom end, I really dont see the reason to drop compression on any street trucks though.

Sorry for the misunderstanding earlier:Cheer:

Part of the reason I want to run these is that I can use off the shelf DDP4's or comparable honed 370's and be fine. Im actually upping the compression on my tow rig to help the bottom end, I really dont see the reason to drop compression on any street trucks though.

Sorry for the misunderstanding earlier:Cheer:

Sure it would make since then to use a wider bowled piston to accept a 155* injector that youd all ready have and want to make use of. I just wouldnt mill any material off them to lower static, it hurts you in 2 diff. ways in my opinion. It's all good, the piston that Weston gave number for might be a good option
Ryan

Luckily the cam Ill install wont need flycuts so there will be no milling.

for give if this is a dumb question ,,,, what would be done about the wrist pin ,over size bearing ???

I wonder which measurement is what... Is the 40mm length or diameter? wouldn't it be diameter??? So then it's length that is different, meaning the snap rings are farther in the piston. Wouldn't that just require the shorter pins that should come with the pistons??? Someone correct me if I am wrong... :poke:

Like I said, this is all things that I have laying around. Trying to figure the best use of it all. The little charger is on the large side, the only other option is a CR turbo on top. Really looking for a setup that can still be reasonably streetable so I can use it for a secondary vehicle if needed. Mostly I want to get these damn parts laying around on something instead of letting them set and go to waste. So Ill need some kind of deal that lets me use that 13mm.

I wouldn't completely rule out using that CR turbo. I think it would still support 7-800rwhp, I mean the 40/3b set ups will support that with a lesser trim on the wheel in the 40's and a smaller primary... Not to mention it should be pretty fun to drive on the street (compared to the 66) :Cheer:

I've run my 12v truck with 13:1 cut 370's on the street a bunch

I wouldn't dare tow with it...well I don't even have the frame where the hitch used to be but I still wouldn't try LOL

Keep in mind my definition of a street truck is the 2.6 and up classes.

Back