12v Numbers

1slowhatch

I just dynoed my truck and it put down 296 hp and 750 tq. It was on a dyno dynamics dyno with dynojet correction. Truck is a 95' 12v 4x4 with 5 speed. It has 4 inch turbo back straight pipe exhaust, 0 plate ff, starwheel turned, wastegate plugged. Stock timing, air filter, turbo, etc.

A few questions.... does this seem about right? What should I do next?

I was thinking of doing an intake, and bumping the timing to 18*. Considering putting in a set of injectors to see what I can do on a stock turbo (maxed out).

sound right to me...

IMO 18* timing is a little too much, 16* is what I would put it at...

A set of 5X.012" injectors and a 62/71/14 turbo would be a good upgrade

What do you plan on doing with the truck? Just daily driving?

18* is too much? re torque the head studs and have fun with your timing. I'm at 21* and over 45lbs of boost on the stock head gasket with the bolts re torqued to 125lbs.

right now daily driver, occasionally run it at the track, and also haul my mustang on an open car hauler. i probably only tow 2 or 3 times a month, less than 8k lbs usually.

18* too aggressive on stock gasket/bolts?

what kind of power difference between stock and 16*?

i'm really wanting to go back to the dyno and put down mid 300's (hp).

18* is too much? re torque the head studs and have fun with your timing. I'm at 21* and over 45lbs of boost on the stock head gasket with the bolts re torqued to 125lbs.

what charger/fuel are you running on truck in sig?

i've seen some good results with larger exhaust housing on stock charger... where would i go about getting one?

More timing means more cylinder pressure, his truck is basicly stock, so i wouldnt go that high with it.

Now, with studs and orings, i would feel comfortable running higher than 18* timing. That's just me though.

right now daily driver, occasionally run it at the track, and also haul my mustang on an open car hauler. i probably only tow 2 or 3 times a month, less than 8k lbs usually.

18* too aggressive on stock gasket/bolts?

what kind of power difference between stock and 16*?

i'm really wanting to go back to the dyno and put down mid 300's (hp).

You can make mid 300's on stock timing...

I made a clean 370hp/755tq with the following mods:

#10 Plate
330hp injectors (ebay)
HTT HTBG 57 Turbo (57/65/12)
Stock Governor Springs
Stock Timing

I made a smokey 428 a couple weeks ago but couldnt get the charger to light on the dyno. It has enough fuel for 600hp just cant load it enough

Yeah man it works great but im going big this winter. Just bought a Garrett TV75-12

I just dynoed my truck and it put down 296 hp and 750 tq. It was on a dyno dynamics dyno with dynojet correction. Truck is a 95' 12v 4x4 with 5 speed. It has 4 inch turbo back straight pipe exhaust, 0 plate ff, starwheel turned, wastegate plugged. Stock timing, air filter, turbo, etc.

A few questions.... does this seem about right? What should I do next?

I was thinking of doing an intake, and bumping the timing to 18*. Considering putting in a set of injectors to see what I can do on a stock turbo (maxed out).

If you advance the timing to the 22-25* range, you should pick up about 40 HP at the wheels.

Bigger injectors are going to make the most HP difference, you ought to pick up 50 to 150 more HP with larger injectors and your current setup.

what charger/fuel are you running on truck in sig?

i've seen some good results with larger exhaust housing on stock charger... where would i go about getting one?

I have: 75hp ddp injectors, South bend 450hp clutch, 4k GSK, 60lb valve springs, no plate, racked barrels, rack plug, Super hx40 16cm gated housing, and a lot of AFC tuning

Its all in the tuning!!! I made 30 more horse than a truck that had 191's, 90hp ddp's, hx35/3b twins, no plate, and a gutted afc. Final summation: Dont stop tuning your truck!!

:Cheer:

I have: 75hp ddp injectors, South bend 450hp clutch, 4k GSK, 60lb valve springs, no plate, racked barrels, rack plug, Super hx40 16cm gated housing, and a lot of AFC tuning

Its all in the tuning!!! I made 30 more horse than a truck that had 191's, 90hp ddp's, hx35/3b twins, no plate, and a gutted afc. Final summation: Dont stop tuning your truck!!

:Cheer:

well, few weeks back truck decided to start leaking fuel out of the number 1 injector. long story short, truck now has sdx 5x.014 injectors. everything else is the same. stock turbo is making a little over 40lbs in the higher gears.

i plan on putting a clutch in it. from there, cranking stock head bolts, 16 or 18 degrees pump timing, and possibly twins..?

what should i be doing as far as pump tuning is concerned? truck has 0 plate ff, star wheel turned some, and 3k gsk kit. all stock aside from that.

Pull the starwheel out and stretch it a 1/4 of an inch, then put it back in loosened all the way up. Back the pre boost screw out so it is just touching the barrel. When you have it apart do the afc mods, search it on here. There's some good threads on it with pictures. Also get a mack rack plug.

thinking of going back to the same dyno and seeing what she'll lay down now.

i may have to put a clutch in it first though.

any guesses on numbers? pre injectors it did 296 whp. i'm thinking 340-350?

thinking of going back to the same dyno and seeing what she'll lay down now.

i may have to put a clutch in it first though.

any guesses on numbers? pre injectors it did 296 whp. i'm thinking 340-350?

With 5x.014 injectors, you should be in the 350-425 HP range. Plenty of fuel to max out the stock HX35.

Back