12v or 24v Conversion?

Smokin444

Im thinkin about buy a superduty with a 5.4 in it. I wanted to know which would be the cheapest way to go 12v or 24v? And also what i would need to do these swaps? And how hard is this swap to do? Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks, Tim

12v are cheap, you need to figured out what trans u want to run....i did an 05 6.0 converted to 12v and from auto to 6spd manual, took me a week and half todo....its a challenge but worth it..

i did 12 valve and would do it again. But i put a auto in it and if i would do it again i would go with a manual.

Im thinkin about buy a superduty with a 5.4 in it. I wanted to know which would be the cheapest way to go 12v or 24v? And also what i would need to do these swaps? And how hard is this swap to do? Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks, Tim

I did this to my 99 back in 05 I went with a 12v fordcummins.com will have what you need 12v will be cheaper and easier and cheaper to make horsepower

how much cheaper, ive been thinking of this to but i dont want to go with a motor thats older than my truck(02) unless its way cheaper.

bump i would like to know aswell ..some one throw us a price what does the average cr5.9 cost, adapter plate to a 4r100 or would it be cheaper/easier to just keep a 48r or whatever behind it so you dont have to have a adapter plate and a stand alone trans controller. Thanks

seems like most common rails r going for the 5grand range, and you will have another 3-5 grand in it for adaptors and fittings...ect...ect...12v can be picked up for 1500-3000 and are easier too hook up

seems like most common rails r going for the 5grand range, and you will have another 3-5 grand in it for adaptors and fittings...ect...ect...12v can be picked up for 1500-3000 and are easier too hook up

Cool. Then I shall stick with the 12v then. Thanks for the help.

12v are more plentiful in certain areas of the country but are more simple to run ..Start...Run...Ground is all it takes to make it run..No computer for the engine.

wow no computer? what year was the last 12v made? and anyone from Tx thats running a 12v in a superduty ever have problems getting an inspection or forsee any problems with that in the future? thanks

Back