12 Valve or 24 Valve for the 2.6 class?

• 12V

Votes: 55 59.8%
  • 24V

Votes: 37 40.2%

• Total voters

Smoke

VP Puller Playin Catch-Up
I just bought another truck and it has a hole in the side of the block. Head is fine, I just need to decide whether to find a short block and reuse the head or buy a 12V and build it. I know a lot of people are going to the P-pumped 24V's but I don't see an extreme advantage when considering cost for the valvetrain of the 24V's. I figure I could use that extra money on the 12V head and be better off but not sure. Just checking to see what the general concensus is on here. Any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rodney

CR and forget about it

no 24v do a great job in 2.6 but then again 12v can get rpm. tuff ? i usally dont know what i am doing till i start it

Sorry, I didn't throw this out there earlier, but it is a QCLB 5 speed with 4.10's. I will be keeping the 5 speed at least until I get it going. Maybe an auto next year. I can't come up with that kind of cash at the moment. Possibly not even until the following year will the engine/truck build will be done but I will definately be running the 5 speed. Thanks for the input guys, keep it coming.

Back