12v Pump, injector, and turbo for 650-700hp

Cummin_Get_Some

diesel fanatic
So a friend of mine is putting a 12v in a old early 80s model Chevy. He bought a 01 industrial motor it has a 12v head and had some kind of inline mechanical pump on it, he bought a pump off a 95 dodge to put back on the motor. Neither of us know much about a 12v setup. But he's wanting 650-700 hp outta it and 5000rpm. He had the block and head fire ringed, Head and main studs, a stage 3 cam from someone, 12v brazil rods, bored 40 over with larger pistons, can't remember what all else. But what pump components, lines, injectors, and turbo should he go with?

i hope someone got hacked if not, and your serious then prepare to get harassed. there is this fantastic function that has been added to this site called "SEARCH". use it to find your answer, there is several threads on this type of info already.

No not hacked, technology advances everyday so thought I'd make a new thread so I get the latest answer. Search sucks anyway...

12 valves really haven't changed. They are definitely old technology. You'll find good information in the search that is still current.

These guys will help set you up with what you need: Sponsor Forums - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

Send the pump to this guy to be reworked: SHipping/ Contact Info - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together
Southern Diesel Extreme makes good injectors, but the sponsors can get you a set of DDP comps or another brand in the ~5x.016 range.
Forced Inductions and Engineered diesel specialize in turbos, but again almost any sponsor can get you a turbo that will work. It's your call if you want twins or a big single.
Call one of the sponsors that you are interested in dealing with, they will be able set you up with a combo that works well.

Last edited:
"Cummin get some" owns a duramax with EFI. That explains a lot about why he cant figure out a mechanical motor.

Back