12v swap 85 F350 CCLB. 4wd

The orange ih is 392 powered.

And the truck only pops and sputters when you first start it.
A friend I mine who is a very good tech thinks it's my timing.
I'll check that when I get the alternator on

My 12v will smoke and sputter when it's cold out, it cleans up also once it warms up. Mine didn't do it till I put the 370's in it.

Just have to hog out the back of the grill

ca06a6c08d922e8b97a5f35c3569f75f.jpg

211e8def6fbe3a3df6f994d8a8d803e9.jpg

Have you checked or adjusted the timing to remedy it?

No it's still stock timing. Once it builds engine temp it runs perfect. My injectors are not the best brand unknown and cost 100$ :hehe: but they'll do until new ones get ordered.

Mine won't do it under load.
So far I don't like this turbo. It comes on later than the hx35/40. Which was to be expected.
I may have the hot side punched out to 68 from 65.
If not I'll just put the hybrid back on and sell this.

orange truck is a gorgeous truck nice truck

could very well be timing

That one almost got a cummins. But I decided to let it ride with the gutless 392 and put my spare 12v in my Buick.
Ide probably do something like an idi in the orange truck bc i don't ever plan on working her too hard.

Napa finally got my alternator.
Threw that on and finally got to take it for a ride. In a word it's ridiculous. The truck always pulled hard but now 4th gear is scary. Lol.
Some people questioned whether or not ide be able to spool this turbo. I can peg the 35psi that it's gated to if I want. But it's not really necessary with the volume this thing pushes. You just roll into it.
Wide open throttle not a bit of smoke. I may slide the fuel plate the last few millimeters I have left in adjustment. Previously the truck didn't like it there.
Had it on the highway my acceleration and top end has greatly improved. Where I used to just run out of air I broke 100mph effortlessly (on a secluded part of the highway with no one else around)

I'm in love. Can't wait to hook to a trailer.

Does that vertical center dump manifold have a part number on it?

7f52a751d75f34afb37ec8b175c02bde.jpg

The one I used (45*) is just a first gen manifold turned upside down.

e15ee6b6c4dd7e6eda70ed9acf1959f7.jpg

This other one I almost used (90*) is the one that they call the motor home manifold. That one has a part number I can get you.

Awesome thanks, wasn't sure of the application. Does it have enough meat on it that it could be ported do you think?

This turbo swap has been aggravation from day one.
Now I have 3 ears broken off my head with exhaust dumping out.
I should have just left the 35/40 on it.
So bummed out right now.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450573680.557798.jpg

You can't over tighten the manifold bolts, they will crack like that every time. I made that same mistake before but was able to have it welded then machined it flat, head is still being used.

So the truck seemed to be getting a little laggy. Attributed it to summertime weather.
Well it got to the point where I could make 9psi and lots of smoke.

c2cb0cb617e3fb69518cede173acc60c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back