12v to 24v head??

rjustman

So I was planning on doing a 6.7 Cummins build but life had other plans..I picked up a pretty much complete 12v out of a 97 missing the pump,gear,and cover..for 200 bucks..I'd like to build a p pump 24v..will a 24v head bolt up?? What will I need to make this happen..12v and 24v blocks the same?? Any help would be appreciated..

search youngin.. there has been multiple topics on this subject!

I've kinda browsed but nothing to deep..with that said I'll look around..so since I onlyboaid 200 for the 12v could I get to p pumped 24v for say under 2000 with a decent running set up?? These mechanical motor are way new to me ..like I have litter ally zero experience with them

You will need to swap pistons to use the 24v head, you will also need "p-pump conversion lines", 24v injectors and cross over tubes, rear injector return line, maybe a few other odds and ends. Blocks are, for the most part, the same, the head will swap over.

Why not just port and polish the 12v head, find a pump cover and gear and run it as a 12v. Probably be cheaper than converting it over to a 24v head

ill think about that.. anyone know anyone that does good port and polish / head work in general in the phx az area??

Back