12v to 24v

Smokin444

What all is involved to do this swap? It would be going in a 98 dodge 2500. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Tim

I'm guessing you're putting a Common Rail 24v in? as there's no sane reason to remove a 12v and install a 2nd gen 24v engine :eek:

24v is computer controlled, so must be some extra wiring and a computer over the mechanical 12v. All it takes is a few seconds of lost pressure to the VP44 to kill it $$$. Power/reliability 12v all the way its the legend for a reason.

So everyone thats posted so far says stay with a 12v but I just want a 24v I think the 12v is a great engine just want 24v and want to know what I would need to do this swap.

There are a lot of people going the other direction. I would go with the 24valve if you want one then Ppump it so you have no computer to deal with. Just hook up the 12 valve sensors and you are done.Otherwise I would find a 98 24valve wrecked and transplant the underhood wiring harness and computer. I have been told the 98 24 valve computer is different from the newer years so I would think there would be less differences from the 98 12 valve. I hope this helps. Rich:Cheer:

Back