12V with everyone's favorite 63/68/.88 charger!

Hurley

BLAKLUNG
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb9VydcA4nI&feature=share&list=ULFb9VydcA4nI"]BlakLung dyno @ Diesel Truck Jam 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

512whp @ 2,750 rpm
993 ft-lb @ 2,600 rpm
(1.01 CF)

12 Valve (160hp pump)
63/68/.88 BW Airwerks "box" Turbo
5x.014 injectors, +0.010" lift, 280Bar, 20deg timing
7mm delivery valves, 'slightly racked' barrels
4k gov springs

it's a bastard turbine housing choice... a 63/68/.91 is a better choice and would probably be a blast to drive with a manual

I think I saw somewhere he was trapping 90mph? The weird thing is at 6100 pounds the hp calculator had me at 430hp this spring and I was running 12.7's at 102. Interesting comparison.

8.405 @ 90.21, proud as **** too! running half-worn 245/70-17's... 2.1x on the 60' (puke)

i should be around 5200#, need to weigh. However i'm leaving at 5-7psi to keep from blowing the tires off, and my fastest run I just did the old 'pedal to the medal' and kept jamming gears to combat the spinning.

8.405 @ 90.21, proud as **** too! running half-worn 245/70-17's... 2.1x on the 60' (puke)

i should be around 5200#, need to weigh. However i'm leaving at 5-7psi to keep from blowing the tires off, and my fastest run I just did the old 'pedal to the medal' and kept jamming gears to combat the spinning.

It was awesome hearing it make those michelins scream at lockup. LOL

sent from the head of a trail of destruction.

also, looking back at the video... that last puff of smoke when he chops the throttle at the end - is that from 'barking' the compressor or what? It did the same thing on all 3 runs

also, looking back at the video... that last puff of smoke when he chops the throttle at the end - is that from 'barking' the compressor or what? It did the same thing on all 3 runs

Yes. Mine does a huge puff. Happens when there isn't enough air to match the fueling for a split second.

8142532696_46dfd2d8ce_h.jpg

Your torque curve looks like an injection pump rpm-based defueling curve. I wonder how much more horsepower it would put down with a different pump?

dunno, it's a 160 pump with a 4k kit in it that I tightened 1 click before the event and got a slight SOTP improvement.

Bringing this one back to the top. Just curious what you have your boost regulated to? Got pretty much same setup( little bigger injector 5x.016 with lift) going in my 2000 4door dakota. And are you going to add more air (twins)?

...peak boost is 52psi with the single stiff spring and no regulated air.

I tried fiddling with it a while back (before dyno day) and the difference between 35psi and ~50psi was about ~0.2sec in the 1/8th... so not sure if I am gaining that much from such high boost pressure

no plans to change the setup unless $$$ starts sprouting in my back yard

I was wondering what I was at with my setup….

I have the same charger, but with the billet 10 blade wheel and .91 ar T4. (and .022 dv's and steed speed comp manifold. Everything else is the same)

It's on a 5 speed manual. It spools pretty darn good, but more pump tuning is required. I can't really do that though because I'd have to put the plate back in and "un-gut" the afc housing lol. I don't mind the smoke off the line and it actually cleans up pretty good on the top end. The egt's are still kind of a pain to manage on hills though even with the 5x.014's, . .. . more down shifting than I thought with the smaller charger (old charger was a 66 mm with more fuel and was only a little hotter up top). Even at 15-20 pounds of boost, when going up a moderate hill in fourth gear, the temps want to climb past 1200….)

I'm sorry if I jumped in on this thread, but I thought our setups were similar and wanted to chime in with results from a similar charger. I'm going to try and get on the rollers this spring to see real numbers. Thanks for posting your figures

I'll have to take a look at that operating scenario... I'm thinking mine is around 1000-1100 at 15-20psi boost.

you'll be surprised at the response with a tight spring in the AFC. it's a ***** from a dead stop with the stiffer pedal, but once you're up and going it reacts pleasantly.

Back