13.05 last night, whats next?

josh03

don't ask
So last night I went down to the drags and ended up with a 13.057@103.13 (1.89 60ft, .076r/t) and I wanted to get some input as to what I should be expecting with the changes I will be making soon; the truck is a reg cab 4x4 leveled on 35s running 90hp nozzles, 62/65/14, small pressure box, and NO lockup switch. So the first thing on the list is a lockup switch of course, and I'm sure that alone will improve things- anyone do a back to back run with and without a lockup? What were the changes?

The parts I have in the garage to add to it are twin stock pumps, a 480 under the 62, and 180hp nozzles. Any predictions what the addition of these parts will run? I know these subjects have been beat to death but I would really like to hear from those who have done similar combos and what they like/disliked about them. Thanks!

I ran a half-second quicker locking in Second instead of OD....

You'd probably see 12.8x @ 105 MPH with a lock-up switch if you can keep the same 1.89 60' time. If you're 60' times go up, you'll barely dip into the 12's maybe a 12.95.

With compound turbos and twin pumps, your guess is as good as mine. That's a lot of changes all at once.

You'd probably see 12.8x @ 105 MPH with a lock-up switch if you can keep the same 1.89 60' time. If you're 60' times go up, you'll barely dip into the 12's maybe a 12.95.

With compound turbos and twin pumps, your guess is as good as mine. That's a lot of changes all at once.

Prety well said, you will be changing to mutch to really predict but a GUESS would be 11.7-12.3 asuming your 60ft doesnt change much.

im thinking you will improve that 60 pretty easy so go a 1.75 and 12.75 the way it is with lockup..
with the combo your going to change to should get you 750hp easy so using that as a baseline and 7000lbs you should run 11.5 at 116.7....

Lose the 35s and any extra weight like tool box and tailgate and get a set of traction bars

what done to ur tranny. i wouldnt use the lockup unless u upgrade the trans

SHHHHHH.....

...Someday I might want to get into the transmission business and I need all the broken input shafts and flexplates to support a shop.....

Be careful with a lock-up switch if you don't have a billet input shaft and money to replace it if it breaks; anything can break billet, batmo, or otherwise....

That 62/480 combo with 180s might run hot. I would back down on the injectors or go 64/480.

Tranny should be good its one of drakes old trucks so its got most stuff already. Just be needing an output soon to finish it.

As far as nozzles are concerned, I'm not sure what size I am going to go with, I was just throwing that number out there. I know this is all speculation but I was bored and thinking about it and I figured you guys would give some more food for thought.

And Drake, I'm sure you could get it to 12.8, but I'm not ready to replace my rods yet! Hahaha

Back