13-15 Death Wobble

CumminNotRunnin

Internet Mechanic
Anyone having trouble with their 13-15 trucks and getting the death wobble?

I have been getting mine for about 2,000 miles and the truck only has 8,500 miles on it.

Been to the dealer twice with no fix, I went through the front end and everything is tight and brand new as expected.

The reason I am asking is because I have heard a few people locally also having issues on the newer trucks and the death wobble.

Thanks,

I haven't spent any time on the new radius arm setup, but I'd say 99% of other front end dodge death wobbles are caused by the track bar. Have someone turn the wheel while you're under it and see if it flexes at all.
There's a chance the OEM one is garbage.

Do like was mentioned and have someone turn the wheel and see if there's any flex in the bushings at the frame and the axle. If there is then have the dealer replace the bar, if not then get the biggest break over bar you can find and tighten the bolts down as tight as you can get em, it's like 250+ ft lbs torque setting. My brother had death wobble on his 14 2500 and the track bar bolts weren't as tight as they should be, I tightened them down gorilla tight and his wobble is gone.

Not really a death wobble but my Ole man's 14 3500 with 60k on it. Started getting a bad shake thru the whole truck when reaching speeds of 65mph and above. This has started since around 50k or so and is still in at the dealer. they have so far replaced u joints in the front ball joints wheel bearings rear drive shat different tires and wheels new rear rotors and the shake is still there and now they have just put in to replace both axel shafts in the rear end. The service rep wanted a whole knew reaend but Chrysler is only doing the shafts first. Seems like crazy amount of parts and money to me. Wondering why they haven't just bought it back yet service rep says they have at least 10k into it so far between parts and labor. Any Ideas?

Not really a death wobble but my Ole man's 14 3500 with 60k on it. Started getting a bad shake thru the whole truck when reaching speeds of 65mph and above. This has started since around 50k or so and is still in at the dealer. they have so far replaced u joints in the front ball joints wheel bearings rear drive shat different tires and wheels new rear rotors and the shake is still there and now they have just put in to replace both axel shafts in the rear end. The service rep wanted a whole knew reaend but Chrysler is only doing the shafts first. Seems like crazy amount of parts and money to me. Wondering why they haven't just bought it back yet service rep says they have at least 10k into it so far between parts and labor. Any Ideas?

there is a whole thread (70+ pages) on this over on CF. Lots of people seem to have this vibration.

Saw a vid on FB recently of a guy in a newer Dodge I think that had Horrible death wobble going down the hwy.... Looked damn scary to be honest.

I have almost 60k miles on mine and I have not had any troubles with it but I will be sure to take a look now to see if it will cause me a problem in the near future.

Just an update on this as well. The dealer replaced the steering stabilizer about 5000 miles ago and it's been fine since.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Just an update on this as well. The dealer replaced the steering stabilizer about 5000 miles ago and it's been fine since.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Has to be more going on then a stabilizer. At least I would think so.
I had it on my 04, changed the entire front end. Ended up being the tires. Just my experience.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Back