13mm & Timing

mopo824

Home Grown Show
So i picked up a schied 13mm p7100 for my 12v. I am currently making some changes to the truck and i am looking for some information from those who are more knowledgeable than I. I have searched and just cant seem to find an indefinite answer which i know is all apart of test/tune. I am wanting to set the timing on the truck but was wondering what would be a good degree to start with. 20* 22* 25*? higher? Lower? I am shooting for the 1000hp goal, if i get close i would be happy. truck details are below, and at this point my factory head is the restriction. i will be going with a ported head and etc once i get a chance to figure out which builder i will be going with and get it ordered.

95 2500 SCSB 2wd
.20 over marine pistons
DFI 5x18 @ 155*
Hamilton 188/220
24v tappets
Hamilton push-rods
Hamilton valve springs
Fass 240gph @ 47psi
Scheid 13mm 5ks will be playing with the dv's
Goerend built 47rh
Crazy Carls Twin Kit 66/74/14/S480/96/1.32
BD intercooler
pusher dual ram intake
ARP 425
isspro
4" TBE to 6" stack

I'd start at 25 and go up from there for big power. Is the head o ringed or fire ringed?

You're going to be injecting faster which will basically mean that say 28deg on a 12mm pump would be getting the fuel in that same place as 26deg on a 13mm pump. Ballpark.

with a 66-80 setup, I think I'd go high 20's to start.

With a healthy 13mm pump, it's probably a good idea to step up a size on the injectors, but you may get away with those 5x.018".

For timing, I'd recommend 30-34* if you want to see 1000+ HP.

my plan was to start in the 22-25* area and work my way up. Chris at DFI is the one who set me up with the sticks and i believe he said he made it to 1k with them. I have also been talking to zach about the build and he seems to believe i can do it with the 5x18's as well. guess we shall see. No head work yet it is on the list. I have been on the run for my company now for almost 3 months with no down time for me. once i do get some i will be taking care of the head issue. probably going with the hamilton head 45* intake, valves, and o-rings. i have 165* valve springs now so i wont need to purchase them only adds to the already high cost of the head.

bigblue or anyone what do you recommend for dv's? i had your .025s in my old pump and they worked well. i will occasionally take this on the street but it will be far from a dd, more like a weekend warrior or when i feel the need for speed haha.

I'd get bigger DVs to back the hydraulic loading down on the cam. 191s should give a good amount of fuel to hit your goal and the cam should survive.

Why will I lose the hg quick? I will be adding a Hamilton head with o-rings decked out etc and probably add 625's but I don't think they are needed but guess we will see.

cam

I'd get bigger DVs to back the hydraulic loading down on the cam. 191s should give a good amount of fuel to hit your goal and the cam should survive.

the cam i assume you are talking about is the pump cam correct? im not sure what cam is in it as a bought this second hand from a buddy of mine. if need be i suppose while the pump is still out i could have a quick rate cam installed. I called around and everyone gave me the same price of $1500 just to check and make sure its all good which i thought was crazy. i am positive that it is in good health.

Back