140 lb valve springs

dustin_west06

line breaker
I have a brand new set of Hamilton 140 valve springs for a 24 Valve cummins 400 obo still in box

Last edited by a moderator:
They are a little heavy for normal daily drivers. Typically we sell these for people running roller motors with longer valves and taller installed heights. Whoever buys these, I will be happy to trade them out for 110#s at no charge if they so choose.

Zach

They are a little heavy for normal daily drivers. Typically we sell these for people running roller motors with longer valves and taller installed heights. Whoever buys these, I will be happy to trade them out for 110#s at no charge if they so choose.

Zach

Awesome customer service!!:clap:

would you mind waiting till next thursday for some money I will take them..

Zach

Do those springs require different retainers? What is the installed height for them(140lb @ what .000" )? Are they a single beehive spring?

how do you install longer valves with out changing your rocker ratio, or spacing up your rocker stand? Won't think throw off where the rocker arm sits on the bridge? Sorry to hijack the thread.

If you are putting in longer valves you will typically have the valve seat moved closer to the deck of the head which will take up .050" of the extra height. This unshrouds the valve better and increases the low lift flow. so you will end up with an extra .050" longer up top which allows for more lift before coil bind and a little less pressure. There is more than enough adjustment for .050" Even if installed height was .100" more you could use a different length pushrod. Rocker ratio has no bearing on different installed heights

Zach

Back