145* injectors and 155* pistons

Kronic_187

Mekanical injection junky
currently im running a set of CPP 5x.014 SAC nozzles set @ 265bar and the mid sized injector shims and 16* of timing. Fuel pressure is set via an aeromotive bypass regulator @ 42psi.

Truck likes to roll coal like a mother. Pump is pinned @ 16* and is bang on.

with stock injectors freshly popped @ 260 bar and thin washers this truck hazed a tad when cold but other wise ran fairly clean...

iam pulling my injectors as we speak to throw a set of the thickest shims under them and see what happens.

my question is pump timed @ 18*, my 5x.014's repopped to 280 BAR and the thickest shims under them.... you'd think i'd still be safely in the bowl?

im not interested in running 370's as i already have these SAC's...

if stock injectors and thin shims didnt smoke like a bastard... there must be sumthing else a-miss....

No boost leaks, all hoses and clamps are less then a year old and it spools up fast... doesnt even get hot, just smokes

Id leave the injectors in their and bump the timing up to 20 atleast

In my experience SAC's like to run dirtier. And if CPP did any pintle work that could be your smoke problem.

It's funny, I had a set of 5x.014's from contagious that were dirtier in the low to mid rpm compared to a set of 5x.018's.

If I were you, I'd do some horse trading for different sizes/ nozzle/ pintle work to find what works best for you're setup. I've run probably 15 different sets of injectors ranging from 5x.011's to 5x.025's including a few 7 hole sets. I finally settled on 5x.022's that I can daily drive pretty darn clean for what they are. Granted you aren't looking to go that big, I'm just saying you need to try all sorts of different injectors. The used market is fun in injectors, you can trade up or down and only have to kick in a hundred bucks here and there.

Im having the same issue except opposite setup. Im running 370's @ 5x13 set at 280 and stock pistons. It runs clean off idle but rolls smoke accelerating, not much cleaner at all than my 5x20. Only thing left to do is slide my plate back.

If i was you i would bump the timing to 20-22 and run thin washers.

If I had marine pistons I would definitely have 155* injectors. Honestly, the current 155* injectors I run are the best compromise of street and strip I have had. More timing does wonders for part throttle smoke.

Next up is timing bump lol.... Go from there i guess

Thanx for the thoughts guys keepm coming

well im bumping my timing up to 19* ish tonight... guess we'll see how she goes after im done

Timng is up around 20-21* (advanced 1/4" towards turbo on the balancer)

Truck is a whole new animal, low throttle response is WAY better, as well as smoke is down to a slight haze @ anything other then 3/4 - full throttle... as well as EGT drop of 200* and returns to 350-400 WAY faster... Im in love again

Going to have to start playin with my AFC

Back