180 pump help

admcummin

Before I send this pump out i have a few questions. If I pull pre boost fueling out to try to make it run cleaner on the low end my truck wont start. It has 191s and 5ks in it right now and it was racked on the truck. It seems to run well other then that.

So you cant get it to start at all when you pull pre boost? Not even with throttle input? Im curious to see whats wrong.

I could be wrong, but throttle input isn't going to do anything if the gov arm is hitting the afc foot is it?

i had to bump the throttle with 5ks to get mine to start. we'll see how it acts with a new 215 from farrell.

I think I had it at 1000 rpm in park. Had pretty good idle drop though I would drop 300-400 rpm when it was put in gear.

Mine wouldn't start when the idle was set to low. Also would stall when put in reverse or drive unless the engine was fully warmed up or on the throttle. Tach doesn't work so I can't say where the idle was, I would guess around 600 it wouldn't start and when raised back to around 900 it was fine.

I had the same thing happen on my truck. Went about an 1/8 turn more fuel and all was good.

Last edited:
Back