180 pump?

Glasseater

hey guys, i'm just curious since i'm a powerstroke boy... what years 12v's had the 180 pump and what years had the 160 pump?
i've wanted a cummins for the longest time but love my 7.3, if i can find a 12v real cheap one day i'll jump right on it to have as a 2nd truck and just trying to find out which is better for cheap power (which i'm assuming the 180 pump can supply much more fuel)

so the 96-98 5 spds have a better pump then the autos... how much can a stock 180 pump support with the right mods? 550ish? and how bout a stock 215 pump? by stock i mean just tuning it, nothing else, not even sure how you tune these things lol

Non-benched a 215 makes quick, cheap, easy power. When thrown on the bench and really played with, I've been told the 180 is the cat's ass for fuel delivery. There are some 600+ rwhp non-benched 160's running around too. It's all in the tuning. Spend tons of time searching and reading, I'm still learning each time I look into threads concerning the different p-pumps.

94-95 5 speed trucks had a 175hp pump also.

Back