181/210 Cam Name?

JDGnut

Just curious at the name of the cam 181/210? Where the name came from.. or what it means... I figure Zach has a reason for the name?
Thanks,
Bryan

Scott, I'm not sure.. I have just seen the 181/210 and the Big Stick name used.. I don't know if they are different or the same cam.. Maybe that should have been my question, and how to tell the differance..
Thanks,
Bryan

" new cam 181° .280” intake, 210° .305” exhaust "
I found it in another post... Anyone know if those are the specs for the "Big Stick" cam?
Bryan

All of zach's cams are Big Stick cams. My 181/210 is a big stick cam. My buddy's 181/218 is a big sick cam as well.

the 180/210s are usually big sticks, but if im not mistaken there is the Torquer 1&2 which are 175/206-210s and i think theres another as well

Sorry for the slow reply guys. Because of the redesign on the core, we initially called it the bigstick. It has a thicker core wider lobes and other improvements. During the Johnson County style Cam War of 2008 Some of the other vendors started calling the cam a F#@kstick and all kinds of other names. It was then that we changed the names to just reflect the duration @.050" lift. Because we offer numerous cams for different purposes this is the most logical way to name our cores. On our latest shipment of 181/210 cams, there was an error in packaging and bigstick was written on the label. To be exact all of our cams are ground on the bigstick core. The duration numbers @ .050" will be the differentiating factor. If you have any questions feel free to call myself or Ryan any time.

Zach

How can one tell that the cam they have is in fact the 181/210 that came with the package labeled only as Big Stick?

Back