1967 RS Duramax Camaro

Here's my front subframe. It's the Chassisworks G-machine front subrame. I bought it 6 years ago, primed and assembled it. It was finally ready to mount on the camaro.

IMG_0617.jpg

We ran into a few issues getting the link bars and coil overs in. The axle I bought came out of a tube chassis '68 firebird, but their chassis was set up differently than we did my camaro. The coil overs were too short, and the link bars ended up being too long. We fiddled around with the bars and I cut a piece of angle iron to act as a shock simulator. After a couple of hours messing with it, we finally got it on the ground.

IMG_0667.jpg

IMG_0665.jpg

IMG_0664.jpg

IMG_0663.jpg

IMG_0662.jpg

IMG_0661.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg

IMG_0669.jpg

IMG_0668.jpg

A couple days later I mounted the front sheet metal and the deck lid.

IMG_0680.jpg

IMG_0679.jpg

IMG_0674.jpg

IMG_0673.jpg

IMG_0672.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

We made some temporary link bars to get the axle further forward. The shorter link bars are going to work as the longer lower link bars. I ordered some new link bar ends to shorten the other 2 link bars.

IMG_0678.jpg

IMG_0683.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

IMG_0681.jpg

Must. Stop. The drool.

You sir have a fine detail to work. It's nice seeing someone bring back some old school muscle like you are. Congrats on that.
I envy you as I have a second gen that I would love to do this to, and my dad has a tempest that needs it dearly lol.

Keep up the good work and don't get burnt out on it. It looks so nice I can't see why you would. You will def. have a beautiful piece when finished.

Ya know....I love Camaros, my dad had a 68 with a 396 that him and my uncle built from crank to carb, and normally I hate repowers in camaros that are anything but gassers, but I find myself really impressed at your attention to detail and I really look forward to seeing this come together.

Stance is right on!

Thanks, I like it too. It might get an inch or two lower when I get some new coil overs mounted in the rear.

LOL

Must. Stop. The drool.

You sir have a fine detail to work. It's nice seeing someone bring back some old school muscle like you are. Congrats on that.
I envy you as I have a second gen that I would love to do this to, and my dad has a tempest that needs it dearly lol.

Keep up the good work and don't get burnt out on it. It looks so nice I can't see why you would. You will def. have a beautiful piece when finished.

Thank you! Having Bernie help me pro street it has definitely been a blessing. Neither of us have attempted anything like this before, so the fact that it's coming out this good makes it much more worthwhile.

Love the Centerlines

Me too. I've always loved the Convo Pros and had to had to have them.

This is AWESOME build. Sheet metal work is :bow: Keep the pictures coming.

Thanks! This is also my first time replacing sheet metal. I'm a painter at the shop I work at but I've paid a lot of attention to how our body men do it over the years and just went for it.

Even a mildly tuned stock lbz will move that right along! Looks great!

My sister had a boyfriend a few years back that had an rclb 4x4 lly that he tuned with efi live and ran high 12's in the quarter. I believe the only other mods he had was a dual feed line and tie rod sleeves (I think). The motor will have to stay stock for awhile, but it will give me the opportunity to get some tuning time in.

You do awesome work dude! I live In northern CA, Humboldt county. Looks like your in the bay.would love to come and check this thing when its done!

Drag strip?! We need more interesting rides out there.I love pickup trucks but a dmax pro street camaro! That can get even the old Gasser guys fired up. Our sport is in a weird place right now, more well thought out and unique builds will hopefully help divert attention from the jerk ass kids blowing smoke on old ladies. Props for going for it!:beer:

If this chevelle is any indication I would think the Camaro would run low to mid 11's. I believe the chevelle is a stock Dmax with an EFI live tune.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfQghRJ8etY&feature=related"]duramax chevelle, kool april nights 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

I believe this is the same car.... Converted to LBZ now with bigger turbo, pump and sticks..... Russ at RPM just finished it up. It's only got a couple passes on it, down to a 10.7 right now

I think with that suspension/drivetrain setup, the camaro will be cleaning up at the track:D

Time to see what she can do.... LBZ Chevelle - Duramax Diesels Forum

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54IomXgdIUI&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]LBZ Duramax Chevelle - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qmFUHenH4&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]LBZ Duramax Chevelle - YouTube[/ame]

Back