1978 Chevy Shortbed 12valve

Almost done i just have to touch up a few things. Waiting on the driveshaft. I will post some vids soon!

Cool truck man looks like it'll be a lot of fun. I don't remember which post it was yall were talkin about boxing the frame but I'm doin a similar build in a crew cab dually square body and I was curious what size plate yall were using. Tryin to get a materials list for all the crossmembers and the plate to box. Thanks

Cool truck man looks like it'll be a lot of fun. I don't remember which post it was yall were talkin about boxing the frame but I'm doin a similar build in a crew cab dually square body and I was curious what size plate yall were using. Tryin to get a materials list for all the crossmembers and the plate to box. Thanks

On my K5 I measured the thickness of the frame and used material just slightly thicker. IIRC I used 3/16" plate on mine, K30 frames are thicker then 1/2 and 3/4 ton frames of that era, most guys I know of who box K30's use 1/4".

Thanks for the comments. Sorry no vids yet but soon! For now it runs great and drives well. I can't wait to get the rearend done. I might be able to get to go somewhere. And Dustin hit me up so we can go for a ride....oh and you can drive it too.

any details on how you mounted those seats? they look to be out of a tahoe or something? They look right at home in there though, that's for sure!

any details on how you mounted those seats? they look to be out of a tahoe or something? They look right at home in there though, that's for sure!

The seats came out of a 04 Cadillac cts. They are comfortable but too tall. I cut the driver track down and then welded some 1/4 x 2" flat bar with a 90 in the bar.

I saw Hood's video, and you better keep those pie cutter tires on there or the axle swap will be sooner than later :lolly:

Back