1988 Suzuki Samurai DIESEL SWAP WANTED

Wiring an alh swap is 4 sensors, an ECM and a pedal. They aren't bad. I might have an extra engine here and wiring harness if your looking still

What vehicle is the 4.3l v6 engine from and do they sell kits to install this engine in a Sammy? I am very interested in adding a turbo. Would you suggest that with this engine?

A roots or screw type supercharger would be a better idea imo.

FB_IMG_1483714497570_zpsesiyy8e5.jpg

I had a screw blower on one of my 1.3l engines in my sami was pretty cool for awhile.. Camden supercharger makes the kit.

My samurai build started out simple enough with the 1.6 8 valve gasser.From there on it was a downward spiral.

I then put an AHU TDI in with the VE pump and then compound turbo's with the th350 and dual toyota t-case.Now I have a dana 300 ready to go for this year.

The low pressure turbo is an hx30w from a 4bt and with a 12mm pump and race nozzles I think Its putting out around 210 hp and likely 360-380 ft-lbs.

I'm at the 29:08 mark in the video below,

Silver Willow Classic TMR Customs Off Road Racing Series Race 3 - YouTube

Attachments

• DSC02476.jpg
    DSC02476.jpg
    354.3 KB · Views: 0
  • samurai progress 001.jpg
    samurai progress 001.jpg
    393.1 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC01622.jpg
    DSC01622.jpg
    436.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
My samurai build started out simple enough with the 1.6 8 valve gasser.From there on it was a downward spiral.

I then put an AHU TDI in with the VE pump and then compound turbo's with the th350 and dual toyota t-case.Now I have a dana 300 ready to go for this year.

The low pressure turbo is an hx30w from a 4bt and with a 12mm pump and race nozzles I think Its putting out around 210 hp and likely 360-380 ft-lbs.

I'm at the 29:08 mark in the video below,

Silver Willow Classic TMR Customs Off Road Racing Series Race 3 - YouTube

That thing is cool!

A good friend did a tdi swap in his old Samurai. It was really easy and drove reallllllly well. Personally I wouldn't consider anything larger than a TDI. It wasn't overly cramped but it certainly wasn't a hot dog in a hallway fit either. Only issues he ran into was the need for a lift kit on the front. It made the stock springs sag dam near to the bump stops.

Back