1989 CK-style GM/Cummins Conversion

That is one BADA$$ truck, i wish mine had a straight front axle. you practically have my twin. mine is black crewcab short bed, with clear corner and lights, and its leather too. but mine aint got any haisley parts though :frown: , but hey its all good.:drive: :drive: darn no peelout. any way how do you upload pics , its pissing me off, every time i try it doesnt show as uploaded.

Joey
why no signature on bottom????

Last edited:
Nice job lot of work you take alot of prid in what you do.
Dale

Willy91 said:
That's Off Constantly in the background aint it?
http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=967&d=1156447000

by the way, very nice looking truck.:rockwoot:

Yeah it is Kurts truck. It was still in the shop in April when I picked up the engine and Van and Kurt both told me to grab a creeper and have a look under it at all the new mods! Drop box and quick change...stuff like that! It was great seeing there trucks up close and personal in there own shop! To bad I can't remember half the stuff they told me in my two days I was there.....information overload!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the great words about the truck...this year will be even better!!! more mods to come in the next few weeks.

Know anyone looking for an ARB for a Front Dodge 60(stock spline) Mine is comming out and am putting big shafts in it!

RyanB

wow, I am really impressed with the whole conversion, best of both worlds...GM truck!! and best Cummins motor...too bad that kind of stuff didn't come factory.:Cheer:

That thing is sweet. You need to put a link of that video of you doing a burnout. Pretty sure that was your truck.

Andy

why dont you switch it to be a 99 practiclly the whole truck is a 99, just the front frame is a 89, right? o and i got my truck as the avator now, they look like brothers.

turbojoe said:
why dont you switch it to be a 99 practiclly the whole truck is a 99, just the front frame is a 89, right? o and i got my truck as the avator now, they look like brothers.

Originally I thought about that but once I got some info and thought about it even more.....it wasn't going to work! Reason being in all of North America now once a vehical gets Branded unfit(the crew-cab I got was "unfit"...the VIN anyway)so that made a whole lot of problems. I could have done it but I would have had to have had ever single recipt that I put into the truck, got the parts from the 89 valued$$$, then after all that work I would have had to taken in for a structual saftey (Try doing that with something you have welded to the frame to lenghten and on top of that made your own custom suspension!)

In the end is was super easy going my route. Seeing the 89 was already in my name to get it on the road I didn't even need a standard saftey because it was already technically road worthy the whole time. I could have easily fixed the firewall if I would have paid the $$$ for a shop too pull out where it was hit real bad and then go the ileagle way and just swap VIN#'s but I went the legal way and used my whole fire wall (they do it with unibody cars all the time)

To me it doesn't matter if its a 89 or a 99....to me its a brand new truck and to the insurance company it is worth $$$$$ because of the apraisel and its not like I am putting it up for sale so its no big deal. If anything my insurance is a little cheaper because its 10 years older! Even if I were to sell it...you can't really put a value on this truck because of age....someone would have to know everything about the truck and know what when in to it. Even then it would have to be the right person wanting it or I wouldn't let it go.

RyanB

hey, guys i have seen Ryan's truck.....he did an awesome job and did it right, can't wait to see it at the pulls this year along with his brother.. !!!

Scott

Back