Scranton pa area. 18452
Second owner
5 speed.
2wd dually
Garage kept
Some rust above windshield
2 rust spots in bed.
Otherwise clean

All original never messed with. Stock pump settings. Mpg's in the mid 20s.

Needs head gasket
Control arm bushings
Rear brakes

My daily driver up until the head gasket popped 3 weeks ago.

So this doesn't look like a feeler ad I would like $5000 for whole truck. NEGOTIABLE Make offer. Worst I can say is no.
parts or whole just tell me what you want.

Ideal situation in my eyes is someone buys the clean roller and I get to keep the engine for another project.

Definitely open to trades.
Trades i would consider
Other cummins stuff
Complete 4bt
Ford trucks (try to keep it 8 lug)
Tig welder

Email chrysny413@yahoo.com

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432321100.113504.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1432321126.029731.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1432321150.232262.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1432321179.215825.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would really appreciate if anyone would chime in and tell me what my problem is.

I have it on craigslist locally as well. I thought everyone wanted these trucks. I can't get a single bite on it.

My first guess is I'm asking too much. But no one will even make an offer. I figured someone would try to Jew me down. Or need a clean cab and box and I would just part it out.

If I can't sell it then the motor and rear are going in this IH. Rather just sell it whole and be done with it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432560488.642601.jpg

From what I've seen everyone that wants the first gens wants a 4x4. The rust, busted dually fender, busted grill, dents, and head gasket are killing the value. Unless you're willing to drastically reduce your asking price, I think you'd be better off completing your project in that IH. That's just my opinion tho. I'd make you an offer but you would be less than thrilled with it.

James

Honestly ide appreciate if u throw me a number as a feeler. I suppose in Texas this would be a total ****box. The fact that it's this clean in pa is a miracle. The cabs are usually rotting right off the frame. And box sides are flapping in the breeze

Yea, the main problem is the price. It's a 2wd with rust, holes, not pretty, and needs mechanic work. I'd say it should bring 2500

That's at MOST a $2500 truck. If someone offered $1800, take it and run.

I appreciate the honestly fellas.
It's funny. As an example. I've sold whole engines for $1200 and rustier boxes for $500.
Yet a complete truck is basically worthless.
Ppl confuse me.

It's not a junkyard. It's my outdoor auto museum.

If I was closer I'd be interested but the added cost of shipping it here kills it for me. I'd love to have the body for my Wisconsin truck but getting it here knocks the budget out of it. GLWS it's a nice looking truck

Have to pry the title for the IH out of my girls cold dead hands. We built it together so pretty much she will be buried in it.

I appreciate the honestly fellas.
It's funny. As an example. I've sold whole engines for $1200 and rustier boxes for $500.
Yet a complete truck is basically worthless.
Ppl confuse me.

Because of the time it takes to part out, then getting what's useless to a scrapyard. Its a lot of time.

Yea, it's crazy how high parts are, but parts trucks are cheap. I bought a 1/2 ton that only needs a trans rebuild for $550 without the title. I'm going to part it out, now cuz I can't get the title.
Between the tailgate, bed, doors, cab, hood, seats, etc, I'll get around $1k, then cut up the rest for scrap.

Probably going to do the head gasket. I just don't want to go through all the trouble if I'm not going to get much more money for the truck.
So my next question is if I pop the head off. Have it checked out. And reinstall with new gaskets. What might the truck be worth?
Last head job I did cost me $500

At that point. I see no problem asking $4500 and taking the first $3500 offer.

SOLD.
The guy saw how clean it was underneath and couldn't hand the money over fast enough.
$3000 cash on the barrel.
Thank you guys for your input.

Back