1996 dodge dreaded converter locking and unlocking

proctors garage

ok so I'm working on a 1996 3500 dodge keeps locking and unlocking converter.I have replaced and adjusted tps, cleaned battery conections, and grounds at fenders added ground to computer. Read about electical noise one guy said unhook alternator did that nothing has worked so far. One thing I have noticed this morning seems it has to warm up before it starts locking and unlocking. Looked at trans temp sensor data it says -83 voltage is about 2.8 so I unpluged valve body harness data says -83 still but voltage changed went up to 4.8. That doesn't make sense to me. I'm a mechcanical man not electric. I got stuck working on this and I'm to hard headed to give up. I've ran out of info looking for some help any would be appreciated. :nail:

If you have too touchy throttle it will do that. Mine did the same after 4GSK install.

Mine does it when it rains or if its below zero * outside. It seems to do it the worst when Im cruising. I'm pretty certain its my tps. But because I'm too cheap to buy a new tps I just turn the lock up switch on while commuting.

Do you have a tc lockup switch ?

Back