1997 47re

Mopar1973

Ok have a problem I could use some input on...truck is a 97 12v and was driven through flood waters of hurricane Sandy and water got into the trans. I built a trans for this guy from the same year truck and he wanted to put it in himself. Trans got a mild build and all electronics were replaced including gov press sensor and gov press solenoid as well as lockup/od sensor and it air checked on the bench before I let it go. Trans temp and od off lights are on and will not go out is what I'm being told. Water was up to the rockers in the cab. My question is where is the input for trans temp? I know it was in the cooler line on the earlier trucks but he says its not there. Any ideas? Pcm shorted out? Parts were Borg warner and new. I dp not have the truck in front of me at this time btw.

Where the connections on the actual truck replaced or just the ones of the tranny?

Salt water can do a number on electrical connections. We had a substation get completely rewired because of salt water flooding it ruined every single piece of wire and terminal we had.

He wanted to r&r it himself to save money I replaced all connections on my end. He bent the pin for 5v trying to plug It in :nail:...hopefully that takes care of it. As far as I know he did not replace any of the wiring or pigtails.

Back