1998 12 valve auto issue, limp mode or something

brixen348

So I built a 98 gasser into a 12 valve. I bought the 98 harness and pcm, jumped through all the hoops and it runs great, everything works as it should but it wants to take off in 2nd and stay there or maybe it's first,hard to tell. If I unplug the transmission 8 pin plug, I am able to manually shift it from low to 3rd. The oss was broke around the plug and was reading a little low (523 ohms) so I replaced that and it has 680 ohms now. But that didn't fix it. At the 8 pin trans plug I have 5v on the orange wire and the ground wire has good ground.

So where to next? The trans is a 97, the pcm and harness is the elusive 98 12 valve. Is the 97 gov pressure solenoid, sensor, and transducer the correct one? From what I've read, it is. Thanks in advance

Make certain which transducer is in the VB

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

It would be from a 97. Can I ohm it at the plug or something? Where would I find the reading it should be for a 98? I have a drain plug on my pan so if I have to I'll drop it but prefer not to lol

In case anyone cares (obviously doubtful) but the new oss was reading 0 when driving so I checked continuity in the wires going to pcm and it was good, turns out it was the plug at the oss was junk. Spliced a new one on and she works perfectly. Turns out it was all the correct year parts!

Back