1998 1500 12v Wiring q's?

myusername

Is the 98 gas to cummins swap a simple plug and play with a 98 12v ecm and engine harness?

I see the harness plugs directly into the fuse box, and after hours and hours of searching for an answer, I've read some saying that it's a direct plug and play, and I've read that the 1500 fuse box harness doesnt have the capability to run the fuel shutoff solenoid? If this is the case, can it be made to work like its factory or do I need a 98 12v fuse box harness? I'm not good with wiring and would like to not have a wiring hack job under the hood.

Also, with everything being early 98 stuff, will the tach work or no?

The drivetrain is a 95 12v, 47rh 4wd setup. I have a 98 manual 12v harness and pcm, I plan on driving the 47rh with a floor shifter and switches.The cab is a early 98 quad cab off a 1500. The 1500 was running and driving when I pulled it into the shop to lift the cab and drop on the 12v stuff, so I have everything sitting right here to steal any pieces.

The engine is fresh and I would like to cover all bases and hopefully have everything working when I go to fire it up so I dont have to dick around with anything while trying to break everything in. I have spent hours searching and everything is conflicting so I hope maybe some of you guys could clear some things up for me. Thanks!

If anybody has a fuse box wiring diagram for a 98 gas and 98 12v, or could point me in the right direction to find them, that would be awesome too!

Back