1998 2 door Chevy Tahoe with 4bt, NV4500, and Straight Axle swap

NCOVEY

More projects than brains
I am trying to shed some projects, and this one gets the least amount of attention, so I am putting it up for sale.

1998 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 4bt, Nv4500, Dana 44 front axle, sterling 10.25 rear with 3.55 gears, and limited slip.

4bt runs great, completely stock pump other than pre-boost fuel has been adjusted. HX35 turbo,New Rod and main bearings about 2000 miles ago, cylinders were clean with crosshatch still. I don't know how many miles were on the motor. Uses 1 gen mounts, and a Chevy bell housing adapter.

GM granny low Nv4500 with new clutch, pressure plate and throwout bearing 2000 miles ago.

New Process 241C transfer case. Both transmission and transfer case were from a 3/4 ton truck.

Dana 44 front axle from a '77 F-150. Solid axle tubes all the way through, not cast. GM 8 lug spindles, New ball joints, u joints, axle seals, and bearings through out, new brake calipers, pads and rotors, all new poly bushings. Uses rancho lift springs for the F150. All new tie rod ends on crossover steering with high angle drag link. New Mile Marker steel hubs.

Sterling 10.25 rear, new axle seals, brakes, and e brake cables. Mounts relocated to use stock Tahoe springs with a small block and add a leaf.

It is a running and driving truck with a few things that need to be finished, but I just don't have the time.
Here they are-
Radiator hoses need to be taken off, and matched up with something so they are one piece.

Needs to have a power steering line made for the pressure side. Right now it is spliced and it drips.

Needs to have the A/C mounted on the engine and lines routed.

Emergency Brake cable needs to be connected to the Ford cables.

It needs a front end alignment. I just measured it and got it close.

Originally it was a 350, automatic, 4x4, out of Texas, so it is basically rust free other than where the paint faded, and the lower part of the passengers side front fender. The clutch safety switch was installed and works like factory, as does the ignition switch which was switched out to the manual transmission style. The straight axle and lift is equal to about a 4-5" lift. It clears 285's with no problem. Everything inside works like factory, with the exception of the Tach. Converted to composite beam headlights and grille, with new glass headlights.
I hate to sell it, but I could use the money to finish some more important projects. I am sure I am forgetting things and will add them as I remember. If there is any thing specific you would like to know, feel free to ask. I have a clean title in my name ready to go. $7000.

IMG_69088.jpg

IMG_6907.jpg

IMG_6914.jpg

IMG_6915.jpg

IMG_6913.jpg

IMG_6904.jpg

IMG_6920.jpg

IMG_6918.jpg

IMG_6919.jpg

IMG_6912.jpg

IMG_6911.jpg

IMG_6909.jpg

IMG_6910.jpg

IMG_6917.jpg

IMG_6916.jpg

is this a running driving swap? I'm not too concerned about the ac or the emergency brake, but other than the powersteering line and alignment does it need anything else? I guess I should be specific. How far would you feel comfortable driving it.

It is running and driving, but not a polished conversion, does that make sense? I drove it an hour and a half each way Sunday just for giggles which is 60 miles each way according to google maps. The tires are the main thing I would be changing first, if i was going to go real far with it. They are off of another truck, and they are wore funny, and not balanced. I noticed today the serpentine belt needs changed, and I am planning on getting one for it as soon as I can get the numbers off of it. I would also feel more comfortable with the radiator hoses changed like I mentioned in the ad. If there is anything specific anyone wants to know, please feel free to ask. I am trying to lay out as complete a picture as I can online.

I wish I had the cash for this thing. Good Luck with the sale!

Back