1st Gen Hot Rod/DD Project

BigPapa

Truckless
Well, I’ve decided to sell my 1st Gen Project. I just have too much going on and no time. I have two trucks, described below, that I planned to build something like this.

attachment.php

First truck - 1992 D250
The truck runs great, good and strong. I drove it back from Jacksonville to Nashville when I got it and then drove it to work for a couple of weeks. The tranny shifts great. I actually like the way it shifts better than my built 47RE in my ‘98, just no lockup. If you want to try to fix the totally rotted out front roof corners it would make a good truck. The man I got it from used it to pull a 28' 5th wheel camper. It's been in almost every state but Hawaii. He wrote an article about it in TDR I can send you that tells about his history with the truck. He got colon cancer and decided to get rid of it. The turn of the century hitch is still in it.

• Dyno'd 308/630 at Suncoast
  • PDR built and installed injector pump
  • PDR installed POD injectors
  • Stock turbo w/16cm2 exhaust housing
  • ATS manifold
  • 4” exhaust
  • BD built A518
  • BD valve body
  • BD 91% TC
  • Late model flex plate
  • Two fan driven tranny coolers
  • New L/S diff
  • EGR rear disc brakes
  • Factory buckets and console
  • Isspro gauges including tach
  • Meticulously maintained. PO sent me spreadsheets of maintenance records.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

2nd truck - 1993 D150 318/auto LE
Body is in good shape except for left front fender, driver’s door, and some dings in the top of the tailgate. No rust.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The buckets and interior from the 250 are in good shape. The 150’s bench and carpet were nasty. The bench is complete, just needs new foam and covers. The 150’s driver door is trashed and the window, regulator and motor are gone. The PO actually cut up the door panel and the inner door trying to replace a broken window. Between both trucks are enough good pieces to complete the 150. I had planned to rebuild and run the front suspension from the 250 and run the rear axle from the 250 to keep the LSD and rear discs. I even have a set of 15” 8-lug wheels. I hadn’t decided yet whether to use the 150’s bench or the 250’s buckets.

I started disassembling the 150. I’ve removed the hood, driver front fender, grill, and bumper. I’ve also removed the seat and carpet. I also have an 50 gallon aluminum reefer tank I was thinking of mounting in the bed.

From what I’ve been told, the swap should be simple and straightforward. I’d like to get $4500 for all of it. I'd be willing to help get them to you if needed within a reasonable distance. You could drive the D250 home. Steering is a bit loose. The D150 runs and will drive on a trailer under it's own power. It doesn't have a battery in it. I have one to use to get it on a trailer. PM me a number and I’ll give you a call.

Attachments

• Project.jpg
    Project.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Gray 1.jpg
    Gray 1.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Gray Interior.jpg
    Gray Interior.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Rust.jpg
    Rust.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Little 1.jpeg
    Little 1.jpeg
    185.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Little 2.jpeg
    Little 2.jpeg
    202.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Little 3.jpeg
    Little 3.jpeg
    196.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Little 4.jpeg
    Little 4.jpeg
    239.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Little 5.jpeg
    Little 5.jpeg
    264.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Little 6.jpeg
    Little 6.jpeg
    198 KB · Views: 0
  • Little 7.jpeg
    Little 7.jpeg
    159.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Little 8.jpeg
    Little 8.jpeg
    242.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Little 9.jpeg
    Little 9.jpeg
    207.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Little 10.jpeg
    Little 10.jpeg
    135.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Little 11.jpeg
    Little 11.jpeg
    174.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Well, almost 80 views and not a single question, inquiry, or offer.

Am I priced way too high or is this something that's just not desirable to anyone but me?

Don’t get discouraged yet.
This is an awesome combination of parts, but it might take a bit for someone to come along that has the time to take a project like this on.

I’d really like it for my 13 year old son, but we’re not quite ready to start on something like this. My semi, and another pickup project have priority at the moment.

Back