1st gen race truck, need some info

tatkins85

as for axles on these trucks and the frame whats working best or what just working for them on the track and/ or sled pulling. i guess the frame has to be boxed and what about the axles? the front axle on these are supposed to be strong but there leaf springs? will this slow the truck down at all or can i put some traction bars on the front and it be just as good or better then coils? or should it be converted to a coil setup and different axle? also what works best for the rear? Anyone know what smokin93 uses on his set up for axles front and back and if its leafs all around? his truck is bad ass, wouldn't mind doing what ever he did lol.

o ya if there is an option i would prefer the cheapest and easiest conversion or upgrade route. thanks for the help.

lol. i already tried that, his pm box is full. but i figured there is allot of people out here on this forum with allot of good info.

Coles truck has a dana 80 in the rear with a set of traction bars, your basic long single bar setup. Bump stops in the rear for sled pulling.

Front end is stock dana 60 (with ARB) and stock leaf springs. We just lowered the truck to meet NHRA rules and the front spring packs have only 3 leaves per side.

No boxing of the frame.

If your just drag racing I think the 70 would live. If you are going to be sled pulling then the 80 is a must. I think the stock leaf setup will be just fine for you, unless you want to go lower or higher with the ride height.

@ tatkins85

So are you gonna leave it a true 1st gen and run the VE? :evil

You "true" first gen loyalist crack me up.

p pump it and go fast, end of story. lol

LOL! my plan is to go real fast. i have a bunch of plans that i want to do but doing them is a different story. i think ive been talking about doing a 1st gen project for over 4 years now and i just got a 1st gen truck about 2 months ago lol!

Back