2.4 pulling machine

JDPlowboy

I know this may seem silly but i just want to build a 2.4 pullin truck that will win them all and then be able to work and pull a trailer the next day. what does it take? you can see in my signature what all i got done so far but what else do i need? Around my parts there is a red duramax that puts 20 feet or so on me every pull and then im 2nd in the 2.4 class. Who makes a good aftermarket 2.4 turbo? and what size would it be?

win them all as in win all the 2.4 work horse classes. I pulled with a bunch of 2.6 boys the other night and i got 4th right behind the ozark diesel truck that was featured in the diesel power magazine that was black with blue flames down the sides

not sure what your rules are but you can do a upgraded stock turbo like a hybrid 35/40, maybe bigger injectors, and a hotter tuner.

or you could p pump it. you wont have the adjustablity but the power is pretty much limitless.

A few people around here and my self run the I.I. Silver 62/14 turbo's. THey are pricey but maybe you can get a just an S300 with a 62/74/14 instead for alot let. Thats basically all the Silver 62 turbo's are except they have a polished compressor housing. They run great on the street aswell. Is your truck 4.10 or 3.54? If its a 4.10 truck run a short tire and use 2nd high. I would also recommend a Redline or Quadzilla adrenaline so that you can get the RPM's up.

the only rules the 2.4 workhorse class has is a 2.4 turbo inlet 8,500 pounds no front hanging weights and one inch of suspension travel... i already got big injectors i just need to know what turbo to go with... does anybody make a 2.4 in inlet turbo? if so what would be the dimensions? my truck is 3.54 geared and i run 285 bf goodrich all terrains on all four corners on 10 inch aluminum wheels... ill have my last pull up on youtube soon

I'd say work on moving hitch in, and making it hook hard. A silver 62 or something equal also. A redline and valve springs so you can turn rpms. If the hitch is sucked in and the truck is hooking hard, with 3.54 gears run 3rd low and turn 4,000 the whole way, plus it would be easier on your clutch in the long run.

Id go with a 62/71/14. A 62mm charger is 2.4. So basically you can run anything 62mm or smaller.

I wish they still ran a 2.4 class around here. I would be all over it. Instead, im stuck in the workstock class since 2.6 is way out of my league for a good while. I just bought a 60mm stock 3rd gen turbo to run on my truck in the work stock class for when i want to pull.

Im assuming you are still running the stock charger? If so, a 62mm charger should really bring your truck to life.

Eric

Yup just runnin a hx35... it sees 45 psi all the time so far no probs

i have a great clear video of me pulling with the 3.0 boys on my facebook but im running my hanging weights but it would just show you how it runs. the only downfall i cant just copy and paste it on here i think you have to have a facebook to view it but here it is if yall want to give it a whirl. but otherwise ill have my latest 2.4 pull up soon on youtube....Login | Facebook

what about a 2.5 charger you still can tow and play with that charger

the limit is a 2.4 charger in the workstock.. there is a red duramax that is puttin 10 feet on me and then hangs weights and does pretty good in the 2.6 class thats my only competition.. big yellow iron where you out of?

The red Duramax have a smokindiesel sticker in the back?

oh ya i did forget! he calls it durafarming. And i heard yesterday that he drives it to school everyday

Back