2.5 puller project

While I'm at work I got some questions for anyone to answer... I'm considering pulling the motor, now I have no profound reason to do this, I'm curious about a couple things,

What would a roundabout cost be for machine work on a good head? Port and polish, maybe mill the intake side and port and polish and maybe oring? Haven't decided between oring or an mls gasket with 625 studs...

I know the motor will be 5-6k to rebuild properly so I'm debating on the idea of pulling the motor simply for cost reasons of the motor and head work...

sent from the phone

I think most performance places charge between 1,500 to 2,500 to port and do a head. Something to keep in mind though is that most places 2.5 doesn't allow an individual runner intake and you would have to go with the shelf style intake like B&B Tooling makes if you do decide to mill the intake off.

I think most performance places charge between 1,500 to 2,500 to port and do a head. Something to keep in mind though is that most places 2.5 doesn't allow an individual runner intake and you would have to go with the shelf style intake like B&B Tooling makes if you do decide to mill the intake off.

Get us a copy of your rules so we can read them

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Well my schedule won't allow me to pull in one organization, but I know that a runner intake is not allowed, but I know of some individuals milling the intake off and still having a semi stock appearing intake that so far has passed inspection... any insight on this?

sent from the phone

Well, after some deliberation, it was decided to swap the cab out for one with no rust, unfortunately I couldn't find a 3/4 ton cab to swap across so I'll be using a half ton cab... so now this project is practically a full restoration... great... lol oh well though, at least I enjoy it!

Sent from phone

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381683428156.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381683428156.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1381683448550.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381683448550.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 0
Update to this, still in the cab swapping process, trying to find the time and man power to swap cabs is a slow slow process.... when i have time, i have no help, and vice versa, it will get done soon though i hope before it starts getting too cold outside... ill keep this updated....

Finally got the cab off, while I'm here I'm going to box the frame and paint it... but she is still slowly coming along...

Sent from phone

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386264752793.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386264752793.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 0
my goal is 700-800 out of my 2.5 truck for next season and I thought it that level you have to box the frame in

The only reason I was going to box the frame, simply because doing a cab swap, hopefully be the only time I have to cab off to where it is readily available... I understand the 2.5 truck being underpowered and it may not be necessary... but! This truck won't see the road after this build a purpose built fun toy, with the cab off, my thought process to boxing the frame,

But! For an update, I'm gone two weeks - home two weeks, so I don't get to work on it much, it's still sitting there just like the above picture.... debating on pulling the motor to rebuild it or pull the head to check for piston cracks... I'll start welding hopefully by the end of the week though...

Sent from phone

Back