2.5 turbo rule

How many dually 4x4 pickups were there when they started the gas classes?

If you limit the turbo to limit the HP, then alot of the other things don't matter as much. Some folks are complaining about the 2.6 class needing an SRW rule. I don't know if SRW is the solution or not, however something needs to be done, that much HP through an OEM driveline will continue to to break parts on good tracks....

i understand what your saying, but this is competition. You pay to play. Limit the turbo and thats it. If a guy wants to come pull he will regardless of what tire he has if he is a beginner.

As for 2.6 goes, again limit the turbo! Wont break parts if you cant make the power. And or people just move up a class

i understand what your saying, but this is competition. You pay to play. Limit the turbo and thats it. If a guy wants to come pull he will regardless of what tire he has if he is a beginner.

As for 2.6 goes, again limit the turbo! Wont break parts if you cant make the power. And or people just move up a class

My personal opinion is the 2.6 class will go away, the wide open protrusion rules, and the air to waters will finish off the best parts in an OEM driveline.

The SRW rule in my opinion is an attempt to keep the 2.6 class around.

I agree with the limitation of the turbo(as well as a few other power adders to keep the distinction in the classes) and yes it will be pay to play. Folks that think the 2.5 class will use cheaper parts are mistaken. Hopefully the good parts will hold up so your not putting in multiple $1000+ set axles per season or multiple $500 ring and pinions per season.

My personal opinion is the 2.6 class will go away, the wide open protrusion rules, and the air to waters will finish off the best parts in an OEM driveline.

The SRW rule in my opinion is an attempt to keep the 2.6 class around.

I agree with the limitation of the turbo(as well as a few other power adders to keep the distinction in the classes) and yes it will be pay to play. Folks that think the 2.5 class will use cheaper parts are mistaken. Hopefully the good parts will hold up so your not putting in multiple $1000+ set axles per season or multiple $500 ring and pinions per season.

whats going to happen to 2.6? by going away you mean just like 2.8? 2.5 replaces 2.6? everyone either goes up to 3.0 which some 2.6 trucks now have the capabilities to compete in 3.0... or atleast not embarass themselves.. :fish:

whats going to happen to 2.6? by going away you mean just like 2.8? 2.5 replaces 2.6? everyone either goes up to 3.0 which some 2.6 trucks now have the capabilities to compete in 3.0... or atleast not embarass themselves.. :fish:

Think the numbers will go after folks get tired of replacing parts and/or getting it stuck to them by the top running 2.6 trucks. The folks that get tired of breaking parts will probably just go up to 3.0, the folks that can't compete will drop to 2.5 be there for a bit until they get ran out of that class possibly.

Which will leave some 2.6 guys, but not enough numbers to be at the national shows.

That's exactly what I think aswell zstroken. That's why I said it would be nice to just have a 2.8-3.0 split again, at 2.5 and a workstock beginner class.

Going to a non-slotted cover would eliminate any grey areas with 2.6 turbo rules and knock the power down a bit and have less breakage.

2.8/3.0 run in the same class. I guess no one really needs that anymore. That was when they merged the classes. Both classes ran in the same class. 2.8 was 8500# and 3.0 trucks were 8000# IIRC

I don't see the 2.6" class going anywhere any time soon.

You could be right, be interesting what the folks find on the dyno this winter...

I agree don't see it happening anytime soon, but start seeing the 2.5 class in places, where do you think the numbers will go?

Similar to the 2.8 to 2.6 migration. One difference is that the top running 2.6 trucks just can't drop to the 2.5 class with a cover change like they could when the 2.6 class was coming on.

Last edited:
2.6" guys would have to drop/sell a lot of parts that cost good money to go down to 2.5", may just be a better option to keep progressing in their class at that point. People should realize it takes time to have a working setup, years in many cases, unless you can just write a check and pick the truck up ready to go, but what fun is that.

2.6" guys would have to drop/sell a lot of parts that cost good money to go down to 2.5", may just be a better option to keep progressing in their class at that point. People should realize it takes time to have a working setup, years in many cases, unless you can just write a check and pick the truck up ready to go, but what fun is that.

I wouldn't say alot, ag pump, air to water, and turbo/manifold. However that is $10k-$15K worth of stuff lol. Depends on your definition of alot. LOL

The point that I see as the sticking point of the current 2.6 is breaking of sets of $1000 axles, and ring and pinions.

Last edited:
Yeah but if you drop the 2.6 what will the rules be for 2.5? Will it be WS or 2.5? Will you still be allowed A/W and dual CP3/ag pumps? The way I see it if you drop 2.6 you will carry same rules down to 2.5 just smaller inducer. I feel that's at least what will happen.

I ran 2.5/WS all year with basically no breakage at all. I like that class but there just aren't enough venues in this area for it. SMTTPA and MOARK are the only associations in MO area that have that class. If we go pull with MO State or Mid MO we get our a$$ handed to us.

Back