2.6 2010 NADM Sled

That turbo rule is unchanged from last year.

The 102 is stopping a problem before THEY got there, mostly so I don't have to listen to the crying.

Ridiculously large duals and spacers will be brought up this season for review.

There is a pro stock 12V Dodge dually we run against fairly often that is sporting dual 33" x 12.50 Trxus STS and FPP used his truck to base their 102" width rule.

His tires stick out of the dually fenderwell by maybe 1.5" per side. I don't know if he's running a trick rims or if the rear has been narrowed (narrowing would technically be illegalbut is probably never checked).

So I would say 102" is only preventing obscene amounts of protrusion.

My stock '05 Dodge dually with 265 70 17s on stock steel wheels measures about 96"....so the 102 isn't going to let people run wild with it.

My Dmax with 12.5" STSes is 82" with highish backspace aluminum rims. I'm not sure I could dually it up without changing tires or rims or both.

Alot of guys that run 12.5" duals air the tires all the way down then mount and air up. That way you can run a mild spacer and still be under 102".$.02

nothing trick or illegal about it. truck had the stock 80 dually housing and 7in wheels. we just used the spacers and lugs we had to fit the longer studs we were using.just what was laying around at the time. if i remember right the spacing was 3 or 3 1/2 inchs... $.02

Drew....wasn't referring to Scott's truck, was thinking of Lorenz's truck, but they would be the same setup.

Sorry if I implied anything illegal, that's not really what I meant...didn't know it could be done with stock parts. 12.50 on a 7" rim?...wow.

I wasn't trying to stir up any chit, my bad on how I phrased that.

Drew....wasn't referring to Scott's truck, was thinking of Lorenz's truck, but they would be the same setup.

Sorry if I implied anything illegal, that's not really what I meant...didn't know it could be done with stock parts. 12.50 on a 7" rim?...wow.

mat, todd here. fpp stopped us at bloomsburg '08 before we got parked and got thier tape measure's out on scott's truck for width, and i thought thats what you ment...

mounting 12.5's on stock wheels was fun and i think with the long studs we had it went 1in spacer- rim- 2 0r 2 1/2in spacer- rim! something like that??? whatever it was,tires weren't kissing... looked and sounds werid but it worked well. yea you're right, lorenz's is close to the same but i don't think he had as much spacing.

Last edited:
Todd, thanks for the explanation, I'm with ya now.

Anyone know offhand what's the difference in width between SRW and DRW on D80s and AAM 11.5s?

actually those 12.50 tires were stuffed on 6" wide wheels.

i'm building a set of custom 10" wide dually wheels for another red dually to run in fpp pro street diesel class. the worst part is getting them to work w/ the 50" minimum between the inside duals and 102" max for outside duals. (4) 35 x 12.50r16 across the back should test a d80:lolly:

After everyone makes up custom rims and spacers to run 12.5" wide duals and not go over 102" overall. They will just specify a max tire size for dual wheels.

FPP rules

mike, if you are talking about USA-EAST rules (from Full Pull Productions) that cannot happen. our rules are made by the actual members of the class. we have a meeting, discuss the rules, make the changes and implement the changes. FPP does NOT dictate the rules.$.02

If you are cranking hard enough to need an SFI dampener, it should be shielded. The bolts could break, the crank could break, etc.

Harmonic Balancer: All engines turning 4500 RPM and higher must be equipped with a harmonic balancer or damper meeting SFI Spec 18.1. A shield across the frame under the front of the motor shielding the damper and engine fan area is required.

So if you don't turn 4,500 RPM(i.e. 4,200) and aren't required to have the damper meeting SFI Spec 18.1 by this rule, then you do not need the shield across the frame under the front of the motor shielding the damper and the engine fan area?

So if you don't turn 4,500 RPM(i.e. 4,200) and aren't required to have the damper meeting SFI Spec 18.1 by this rule, then you do not need the shield across the frame under the front of the motor shielding the damper and the engine fan area?

And how is RPM going to be policed if there is not a rule about running a recall tachometer.......

And how is RPM going to be policed if there is not a rule about running a recall tachometer.......

That is a good point, I guess we will just have to see what the all mighty Sled Puller has to say on this. I'm just passing on the info to a buddy with a CR(no standalone or anything of the like). With standalone CRs and of course P-pumps, about the only ones that are "safe" from this RPM limit is the VP44s...

A recall tach really tells you nothing but at what point you start to let out on the clutch. My buddy that runs a tractor in the ITPA is allowed 10% over stock rpms and they have a wireless data box supplied by the class dues so the guy watching a laptop can see the whole run. Just a tattletale box whould show more rpm than 10% but it was when he was shifting the torque and during the run he was actually 150 rpms under the limit. I know the ITPA has more money and they were having some serious cheating issues. Long story short, just put the safety stuff on and turn all the rpms you can turn.:rockwoot:

That is a good point, I guess we will just have to see what the all mighty Sled Puller has to say on this. ..

My ear tach :bow:has never missed rpm by more than 100, so when I bust you, YOU have to give me proof what you are turning.

Low rpm trucks do not need the SFI dampener or shielding- this year.

Plan on the rpm safety going away in 2011, its going to be across the board.

No more excuses, I doubt there is a 2.6 truck under 600HP, and thats plenty to man up on safety equipment, irregardless of rpm.

Back