2.6 legal s400

2000wvdodge

Public Enemy
what is the biggest s400 2.6 charger anyone is running with or without wheel protrusion? and secondly, what is the biggest that you guys are running on a vp44? I am running a s400 with a .90 housing and a 83mm exhaust wheel and am having a hard time keeping it lit with an adr, just looking for some insight on what a few others are using or trying.:poke:

hey mark, i know the adr supposedly makes more power but have you thought about running a redline just to have the rpms?

yeah, they're just so damn high. ive talked to quad and they are supposed to be letting me know something here in the next few days about a tune or box or something that is supposedly supposed to give more rpm. they said they have a guy that is turning 4300 with something that they are trying. i just hate to give up on the adr with the luck ive had with it with the other turbo.

I am running an S472 and had a hard time staying on top of it, switched injectors and know have no problems staying on top of it, after i put the new set of injectors in that thing outa scream.

im running a s300 2.6 with a t.100 housing it takes some time to lite but need a smaller houseing

I believe there is someone running a monster vp, redline, and a 3.0 charger thats larger than a s480 so i would say look into some different injectors and maybe a monster vp and sell the adr and get a redline.

I am running an S472 and had a hard time staying on top of it, switched injectors and know have no problems staying on top of it, after i put the new set of injectors in that thing outa scream.

switched to what size? not to be too nosy...

I think Kman9090 went from a ddp set to 6x.016 and is waiting for his 6x.018s.

There is a vp44 truck here running a s465 with bigger housing than .90 on a drag comp. He has yet to have any issues getting under the charger. But he does have 6x.018s too.

I just sold a 2.6 charger that had a 110mm exducer. Pics are in the for sale section under big 2.6 turbo.

well what is funny is im running injectors very very similar to what he is waiting on then... 4.10s 2nd high with 305's... am i missing something here???:bang:bang

and on top of that, this is the gear that i ran all year last year with no issues at all with the s300 series charger. with a set of scheid 150's and then switched to a set of 7x15s. now that i have 6 hole injectors and a s400 i cant get it to stay lit

Local truck has 3.55s with 305s. And it is a dragon fire pump too.
Depending on your turbo you may or may not need more rpms. If it is a S465 and not a larger wheel with a 2.6 cover I would look at something else.
Surely someone on here has run a s400 single on a vp44 before the monster and/or dragon fire without issues?

At what rpms are you getting under the charger? A local 12v'er said he pulled down to ~2500rpms at the end of the track and never got under his S465 with .90?

PM member Rods and see if he can lend any suggestions with 4.10's an 305's in 2nd you should be ok. What's it pulling down to as it falls under? Have you checked for boost leaks?

I run an S475 with an sovp. No problems here.. I also have a S465 i put on for 2.6 pulls.

not to steal the thread.. but im getting ready to get an s400 with an 83mm wheel also. im going to be running it on my ppumped 99 24v. pumps going to be flowing about 5-550cc of fuel, turning 5k and im running schied lighting 3's. 6x.015's. not sure on timing but im thinking in the neighborhood of 28-30* or so. think i should have trouble keeping that charger lit? oh yea my trucks a manual too.

yes it is bigger than a 65mm wheel with a 2.6 cover. i think rpm will help because i cant get anymore than 3600 now and when it pulls me back to 3000 it falls.

2000wvdodge-you were at the berkley county fair the other night right?

Back