2.8 Guys hidding in 2.6?

Why couldn't you add some clause in the 2.4 turbo rule to say any stock unmodified turbo can run. If it is a stock d-max turbo and a 2.6 then let is be. If you think the guy has a "Cheetah" or whatever it is called then you tech the wheel and DQ the truck. This would the the entry level class. Allow twin CP3s in it. When a guy blows the stock charger then he can buy what he wants, another stocker, a 2.4, or make the jump to a 2.8.

I do agree with you that the 2.8 is a "tweener" class, either the 2.6 needs to change or the 2.8 needs to go bye bye.

thats true you could do that, thay have one for the 6.4 powerstroke that allows it to run in the stock class with it's twins

:hehe: Because the sanctioning bodies and sponsors think the show is fine as-is! Until the numbers go down, why make anything more complicated?

Just playing Devil's advocate :D

Think about it...who makes money off of trick chargers? 2 + 2 = 4.

I personally think the rules are fine the way they are but all the b****in and whining about the step covers and clipped wheels is getting old thats why i asked about the restricter plate idea it would be cheap and easy if it worked.

My opinion, Build it and run it and if you cant keep up thats nobodies fault but their own. Not everyone can finish first. This isnt Pew Wee football were they dont keep score and at the end you get a ribbon for just being there. Thats not real life there are winners and losers. If your one of the losers then you need to try alittle harder (not directed at you Nwpadmax), not complain about the rules.

Last edited:
My opinion, Build it and run it and if you cant keep up thats nobodies fault but their own. Not everyone can finish first. This isnt Pew Wee football were they dont keep score and at the end you get a ribbon for just being there. Thats not real life there are winners and losers.

:hehe::thankyou2::thankyou2:

I personally think the rules are fine the way they are but all the b****in and whining about the step covers and clipped wheels is getting old thats why i asked about the restricter plate idea it would be cheap and easy if it worked.

My opinion, Build it and run it and if you cant keep up thats nobodies fault but their own. Not everyone can finish first. This isnt Pew Wee football were they dont keep score and at the end you get a ribbon for just being there. Thats not real life there are winners and losers. If your one of the losers then you need to try alittle harder (not directed at you Nwpadmax), not complain about the rules.

I disagree with the one class fits all. I daily drive my truck & tow 18k#, don't think I fit in with you Jeremy.:hehe: On the other hand, maybe that is the answer, just run them...does sound fun.

your right on that cummins 724 when techs do their job their needs to be alot more of that gone on around western pa with the 2.8 hot street classs the rules say no gas an what do the cheapos do they run gas in the class even in 2.6 street build your truck to run with the rules

I disagree with the one class fits all. I daily drive my truck & tow 18k#, don't think I fit in with you Jeremy.:hehe: On the other hand, maybe that is the answer, just run them...does sound fun.

Never said anything about one class fits all, i was speaking only about the 2.6 class. Ive never heard any on going complaining about any other diesel class out there except the 2.6.

We have a winner!

Build your truck for the class you feel you should be in, hope you brought enough if you didnt then go home and do more. That is pulling stop *****in about losing and stop *****in about everyone else winning.

Pulling takes money, its an expensive sport and the rules will not and should not cater to those who cant afford to pull. If you dont have the money to run 2.8 and build your driveline then STFU and stay out of 2.8. I think 2.8 adds something to the sport. When you go to a pull what is it that everyone cheers the most for and really wants to see? BREAKAGE! If no trucks broke it would make pulling boring. Pulling is all about raw horsepower and when raw hp meets 60,000 #'s shiat should break. Have a stock driveline and trying to make it live not with just stupid amounts of money but custom tricks, new ideas and homemade parts is what adds to the sport. I dont think I saw a single 2.8 guy in this thread saying "lets get rid of 2.8 cause I break too much". If a 2.8 guy really thinks he is beyond his limits on dl then he will jump to 3.0. If a 2.8 guy is tired of losing and thinks he can go beat up on 2.6 guys with a bushing then he will drop a class, cause he is a loser. He wont win there either.

2.6 guys stop biatchin about the 2.8 class and just worry more about fixing the rules in your own class.

Never said anything about one class fits all, i was speaking only about the 2.6 class. Ive never heard any on going complaining about any other diesel class out there except the 2.6.

Oh, gotcha. I agree than. I thought you meant everyone run one class, nuts on the table.:hehe: Only thing I've ever preached is the fact that a tech needs to do their job. I started pulling street class at Listie because the techs put me there. I got alot of crap over that, but still no techs on site? We need techs! Other than that, I'm good!

We have a winner!

Build your truck for the class you feel you should be in, hope you brought enough if you didnt then go home and do more. That is pulling stop *****in about losing and stop *****in about everyone else winning.

Pulling takes money, its an expensive sport and the rules will not and should not cater to those who cant afford to pull. If you dont have the money to run 2.8 and build your driveline then STFU and stay out of 2.8. I think 2.8 adds something to the sport. When you go to a pull what is it that everyone cheers the most for and really wants to see? BREAKAGE! If no trucks broke it would make pulling boring. Pulling is all about raw horsepower and when raw hp meets 60,000 #'s shiat should break. Have a stock driveline and trying to make it live not with just stupid amounts of money but custom tricks, new ideas and homemade parts is what adds to the sport. I dont think I saw a single 2.8 guy in this thread saying "lets get rid of 2.8 cause I break too much". If a 2.8 guy really thinks he is beyond his limits on dl then he will jump to 3.0. If a 2.8 guy is tired of losing and thinks he can go beat up on 2.6 guys with a bushing then he will drop a class, cause he is a loser. He wont win there either.

2.6 guys stop biatchin about the 2.8 class and just worry more about fixing the rules in your own class.

AGREED

That sounds good to me. Also, no stepped covers. I went to Mercer this year & the techs wouldn't let me drop my suspension stops because I only had 1 7/8" of travel rather than a true 2". Other places passed me all year. They also made me drop my hitch to 23" because my hitch was 26 1/4" in the top hole. I got hammered in Mercer, but I think that is the way it should be [no breaks]. I like it when techs do their job, even if I get the pole.

You just AGREED you wanted a 2.6 OPEN rule, and then say except for stepped covers. So you want it open except for what you dont have.

Then you get CAUGHT cheating on your stops and your hitch height and say you glad they teched even if you get the pole.
Yo udidn't get the pole, they caught you CHEATING. The techs saved the rest of the class from getting YOUR pole!!!

SHEESH!!!

One other thing, I dont care if Larry Richwine of the NTPA measured your hitch and weighed your truck last night, he didnt use our checker or our scales, so save your breath!!!!:bang

I am so going to not let you forget that!!!!:rockwoot:LOL

I am so going to not let you forget that!!!!:rockwoot:LOL

Lol, yea but the only thing ive questioned on any of the rules was on the Sigma's in SS and i didnt complain as much as these guys. I cant afford a Sigma so im changing other things on the truck to comp for what i dont/cant have.

now im still new to the pullin hobby, only been doing it for 3 years now, and when i read this thread i am under the assumption that you are manily talking about NADM's rules FPP's or a local events rules, being there the biggest right? know i have never pulled a national even (never got the chance, my truck blew up this year) but i have pulled alot of local events, and have been put up aginst some nice trucks and have pulled in 2.8 classes to say and i think i have held my own pritty well, i never win but i have pulled off a 3rd and forth place a few time and thats being only a few feet behing the leader, and my truck really only had a fully built ats tranny, and a ppe on "set to kill", and yes i was once the guy that said its not fair, because i had to run in a mod class because of my old banks tunner, but yes its modified and well thats when i relized if i want to play and keep up, i had to pay the price to play with the big dogs, so i went to ppe and then had to get a purple trans, now im building a motor so i still keep up, like some1 said u just have to built to the rules, well thats what im doing now building a 2.8 truck, because i can still keep it some what streeable and pull with it it on weekend at the same time, u cant build a truck then expect them to conform to you because you cry and say its not fair, or you would have 100 classes, no1s holding a gun to your head and saying u have to do this, if you dont like the rules or u think its unfair dont pull, i get my ASS handed to me all the time by guys, i dont care it gives me something to work towards, each time it gives me a new goal

Last edited:
You just AGREED you wanted a 2.6 OPEN rule, and then say except for stepped covers. So you want it open except for what you dont have.

Then you get CAUGHT cheating on your stops and your hitch height and say you glad they teched even if you get the pole.
Yo udidn't get the pole, they caught you CHEATING. The techs saved the rest of the class from getting YOUR pole!!!

SHEESH!!!

One other thing, I dont care if Larry Richwine of the NTPA measured your hitch and weighed your truck last night, he didnt use our checker or our scales, so save your breath!!!!:bang

What I have is a 2.5 charger setup for towing & street driving. What I say is that 2.6 should be 2.6 & thats it, no bushings or covers. As far as the hitch...My truck is a DD, towrig first, puller second. I tow 18k# often & on backass roads in W.V. & Maryland. My hitch was built for 26" originally as well as my stops. The springs on my truck sag down because of the heavy towing & that is why I am no longer at 2", not because "I got caught cheating". My truck is the true meaning of a "street truck". Along with that comes "wear & tear"...that is the only thing I got caught with in Mercer.

Last edited:
The springs on my truck sag down because of the heavy towing & that is why I am no longer at 2", not because "I got caught cheating". My truck is the true meaning of a "street truck". Along with that comes "wear & tear"...that is the only thing I got caught with in Mercer.

Try that excuse with 30 other guys in the class, and see if it flys.

You could be George Washington and they would still not buy it.

Try that excuse with 30 other guys in the class, and see if it flys.

You could be George Washington and they would still not buy it.

I know what you are saying. Once again, this is a reason why techs are needed. That was the first time this year that I've actually had a tech look at my blocks. I have a vp44 truck, Is 1/8" really cheating? C'mon.:hehe:

Is trying to get away with 20# over in an 8000 class cheating? I would say no, but why do I see guys stuffing their consoles with gears?

"I have a VP-44" You know how many times I have heard that one? Like the techs have a different set of rules for the 24 valve Dodges.

If you want a handicap, just pull exhibition, and then you wont need to worry about all those pesky rules.

I know what you are saying. Once again, this is a reason why techs are needed. That was the first time this year that I've actually had a tech look at my blocks. I have a vp44 truck, Is 1/8" really cheating? C'mon.:hehe:

well lets look at it this way. imagine your blocks were two inches exactly. and at the end of the class you were in lets say 7th place. bumped from 6th and "out of the money" by only .2 feet. and lets also say that you knew that the 6th place guys suspension blocks were a hair over what the rules would allow. that would kinda piss you off dont ya think?

dont get me wrong im not saying your a cheater. and i know what you saying about your truck sagging. i imagine you didnt do it intentionally and probally never would. im just giving you another way of looking at it.

Back