2.8 s-400

blos101

Life Saver
My 2.8 s-400 is for sale. It has 4 pulls total on it from last year. Bought in Aug. 09. Due to this years cracking down on bushings around me I'm going to a true 2.6 charger. This S-400 has a t-4 flange, 2.8 inducer, 1.00a/r. $1,000 obo. :ft:

This charger is capable of 900hp. IF you have the fuel to support it!:rockwoot:

Good luck man I was trying to sell an identical charger and it to me forever to sell it... Here is a free bump

Borg Werner S-400 71mm compressor wheel/2.8 inducer, has 1.00 a/r exhaust housing with a t-4 flange. Does that cover what you wanted to know?

Only thing missing is the turbine wheel. I think 74 and 83 mm wheels were available based on your turbine housing size.

the only way to get a t4 housing is with the 73/84 turbin wheel. So my guess is it was the sx and somebody wanted to try a tighter housing. It would still be the same part number or possibly the op posted wrong and it is a 1.10 not a 1.0. I just order the .90 housing for my 2.8sx. The guy thats buying it is putting it on a auto.

the only way to get a t4 housing is with the 73/84 turbin wheel. So my guess is it was the sx and somebody wanted to try a tighter housing. It would still be the same part number or possibly the op posted wrong and it is a 1.10 not a 1.0. I just order the .90 housing for my 2.8sx. The guy thats buying it is putting it on a auto.

There are other turbine wheel options for the t4 housings...

But if you order a 177248 from borg it will come with the 1.10 t4 housing. Which isn't a big deal but it can add some cost as you buy the 177248 and then have to turn around a buy a turbine housing seperate.

Like the 80/87.. That would half to be built be somebody like E.D. and would make it more than 900$

It cost me extra to get it the way I wanted it. Took like a month to get it after I ordered it but it is a 1.00a/r t-4 flange.

It cost me extra to get it the way I wanted it. Took like a month to get it after I ordered it but it is a 1.00a/r t-4 flange.

I believed you and all i was doing was somebody asked about specs and i was just taking a stab at what it was and if not, that part number would be really close to what you got.

Like the 80/87.. That would half to be built be somebody like E.D. and would make it more than 900$

Borg has t4 80/87 housing from the factory.

If you want to believe that they aren't that is ok.

I believe you Dan. Im not sure what we are argueing about. LOL I talked to chris at E.D. and he said if i sent my turbo to him he would swap in the 80/87 wheel and put the 1.0 housing on it. I just know that that combo is not a factory setup cause if it was tons of people would be running it. The price he quoted was not in the custom turbo price range.

I do know this is helping keep this guys thread updated.Maybe we will end up helping him sell it.

Back