2 GTX55's. I only need one.

RonA

I was going to go to a larger primary but have decided I don't actually need it, so I want to sell one of my Garrett GT55R turbos. I have a GT5533R(ball bearing, 91mm compressor) that has been on the truck for about a year and a half or so. Just under 6k miles with probably a dozen or so dyno runs and 3 attempted 1/4 mile runs(had to abort each due to traction issues around 150 ft out). Great turbo, good power potential, spools nicely. $1650 or offer shipped without exhaust housing.
Second is a brand new GTX55R w/94mm comp wheel. New in box, no ex housing. $3550 shipped. Note that this is the GTX version. I need to keep the exhaust housing to run with which ever one doesn't sell so I can't include it.
Thanks.
RonA

what turbine wheel?

out of curiousity, what exh housing have you been running?

I thought there was only one turbine wheel in the GTXX series. If it had a different turbine wheel wouldn't it be a different XX number?

I think all GT55 run a 111.5mm turbine. I run a 1.0 ex housing.

I really want that 94... How about trade for a billet s483 with 0 miles :hehe: GLWS Ron. Maybe I can help ya out of it doesn't sell right away.

I really want that 94... How about trade for a billet s483 with 0 miles :hehe: GLWS Ron. Maybe I can help ya out of it doesn't sell right away.

I might consider a partial trade. I could put a manually controlled wastegate in the hot pipe and use it to de-frost my window this winter.:hehe:

I might consider a partial trade. I could put a manually controlled wastegate in the hot pipe and use it to de-frost my window this winter.:hehe:

:hehe: that's thinking outside the box! It would make a nice little hvac blower motor.

I just noticed that the ad says 2 GTX55's. The 94mm is a GTX and the 91mm(used ) is a standard GT5533R.

A 1.0 exhaust housing is around $600. I will drop the price on the 91mm(used) GT5533R to $1350(1/2 of the housing cost). I made 1199 uncorrected with this primary with under 1400 deg egt's. The best big charger i have tried.

I ordered another housing and will put these back up as complete chargers when it comes in.

RonA

Wow thats cheap. I almost want to pick up that 55 for my dd truck but it doesn't have near enough fuel. Oh and for those of you wondering about that gtx 94mm, it's supposed to flow somewhere around 185lb/min if I remember right. Good luck with the sale Ron.

Wow thats cheap. I almost want to pick up that 55 for my dd truck but it doesn't have near enough fuel. Oh and for those of you wondering about that gtx 94mm, it's supposed to flow somewhere around 185lb/min if I remember right. Good luck with the sale Ron.

yes the gtx flows as much as the 55r

Back