2 questions. injector timing and washers.

JBradley500

When running 5x.016" vco injectors and 145* angle with a 245 bar pop pressure how many degrees of timing can you run before the fuel is out of the bowl?

also, same injectors.... stock head gasket, what thickness washer would run best?

reading some of Westons posts made me really wonder where i could/should have these things set at.

1st Gen non I/C piston is 2mm wider than the later 12v models, 26° should be roughly the safe limit, and the 0.020" washers are the best choice.

I have intercooled pistons, Smokem. Right now my static timing is around 22-22.5* and i an unknown amount of dynamic timing. Can i run more than that?

Thank you for your time.

Dang that's some timing. Skipped tooth plus to the head? Always better to check it with a light too.

No just skipped a tooth should add 10* (or so im told) to the 12.5* that it comes with from the factory. How do you check it with a light? I have no idea how that works without spark plug wires lol

I still am interested in the out of the bowl question with intercooled pistons.

That's a pretty cool tool. I'd have to ask around and see if anyone locally had one because i couldnt afford it though.

Where are you located? I've got one here in CA, and I believe a handful of members own them too, maybe even someone local to you.

Back