2000 Jetta ALH build thread

2000 Jetta TDI

Found one close to home. 240k miles. After market clutch of some sort. Vnt 17 turbo. FICM stg 2 tune arp head studs and straight pipe with titan nozzles..said he'd take 4k..I like it a lot.

99s aren't able to be Tuned on the fly like the 00+ models. its about 5 min to change tunes honestly.

thanks for the compliments. lots of time went into the car.

it has 245/40/18s they are larger than you think. but here in the next few.weeks stock wheels and tires will be back on to get the actual mileage. only thing I will say is Aaron at bora parts said that when the speedo is dead on your 6% off on mileage. that's where I received my info.

again thank you guys!!

I didnt see that they were 245s, the 225/40 figures up to within 1% of the stockers.

Yeah. Tater I would hop on that. Sounds similar to mine. I have titan nozzles, stage 3 Malone tune, straight 2.5" exhaust, stage 2 endurance south bend clutch, and a little more. Getting ready to do a hybrid on it due to trying to clean up the smoke at WOT

If I drive it nice I get 49-52 mpg. Beat on it and get 47 LOL

Gettin down to nitty gritty on price..hopefully I'm goin to snag in monday or tuesday..I had a bad experience with one tdi already and it was not good hoping for better this time..cuz I need somethin reliable and good mpg and of course burns diesel fuel ha ;)

Sell ya mine :D

I keep doing more so price is going up. Installing a set of Alpine type R components in the next few weeks.

haha how is anyone supposed to afford that bad boy if ya keep doin crap to it lol :D

at least nothing is done half ass. I absolutely love the stinking thing, probably no way I would sell it unless somebody offered me a out rageous like $15,000 for which will never happen so I plan on keeping it lol

Well plans changed a little with the stereo. Sound deadening the whole car and adding 2 pairs of Memphis component speakers along with a 4 channel Memphis amp. This is the new addition to my single 10 Memphis mojo and Memphis 1100 amp running at a single ohm. It should be fairly decent when all said and done.

Still nothing compared to Rich's setup

Very nice, I had a 2009 TDI... this is making me want to go back to the older body style though.

Originally from Napoleon (NW Ohio), stationed in Kentucky but deployed again... and getting moved to Cali next year. Don't really want to take my current car or truck out there so been looking for something different lol. That extra 15-20 mpg out of one of these would be very enjoyable!

I just swapped out to my stock wheels and tires so the Real mpg will be soon. This tank won't be accurate but next one will be good hopefully

Last edited:
Im lookin at a 2002 gls tdi for 4600. But its a auto with 200,000. Any opinions on this, what I should look for and whats goes out when the mileage gets 200+?

Thanks and sweet build.

Autos don't get as good as mileage and don't have add much demand on the market. With that being said they are still good units. 200k isn't much for these cars. Mines at 194k right now. Engine parts are cheap compared to our trucks. Hell billet rods are 450 Lol.

Check fenders, blow-by, for leaks. Basically normal stuff. I rebuilt my whole suspension for 1200 and it rides new.

Last edited:
Dang Fletcher just put whatever system you had in that Dakota in that thing, I think my ears are still ringing from that 3 hour ride, like 2 years ago:hehe:

Or maybe they ring everyday from having stack in my truck for the last 5 years haha

Lol. That system that was in the Dakota is nothing compared to this one. It sounds good now but im popping speakers. Time to upgrade.

Tdiclub.com will have all the info you need to do a swap on your car.

Autos don't get as good as mileage and don't have add much demand on the market. With that being said they are still good units. 200k isn't much for these cars. Mines at 194k right now. Engine parts are cheap compared to our trucks. Hell billet rods are 450 Lol.

Check fenders, blow-by, for leaks. Basically normal stuff. I rebuilt my whole suspension for 1200 and it rides new.
Thanks, the guy selling the car tried telling me the autos were faster. I was wtf

Lol. Autos do have a larger injection pump. But I am after mileage not speed. I have another vehicle for that

Back