2002 parasitic draw problem

YoungDiesel27

Never Enough Time
I have a 2002 reg cab 2500 6spd truck that has a bad parasitic draw. I have had my butt absolutely handed to me on this one....the draw goes completely away by unplugging the #2 50 amp battery fuse or by unplugging the central timer module. I have covered everything I can think of and was wandering if anyone had a factory service manual download for a 2002.

How many amps is the draw? A bad body module, etc, will cause the draw. Had an issue on a durango, the computer would start to go to sleep and then wake back up, after about 2 days battery would be shot.

Dealer went through 3 batteries before they realized it wasn't the battery(after I had told them I could see the amp draw on a ammeter, "our tech doesn't see anything unusual on his voltmeter...")

I've seen seatbelts cause this. I'm not sure, but I think they runs through the timer module. Easy to test though, just disconnect the seat belt connection under the seat to see if the draw disappears.

This ^^^^
And what messes you up is even if you pull all fuses the circuit remains energized showing 0.5A ..... and scratching your head ..... then yor balls ..... then wtf

amazingly I have almost the same problem. after 2 days the alt wont charge for about 5 mins..once I disconnected it I realized why the gauges and the radio needed reset every 3-4 days.
when you start it the gauge reads below 12v for about a min..then slowly creeps up to 14 v
the alt diodes or something to do with the alt is killing the batts. but only if it sits for a few days.
the radio would lose its settings..the gsauges would read low...but the truck would start and run fine

Back