2003 Cummins Conversion

dieseldoc09

Alright everyone I am looking for some advice. I have a 2003 2500 with a Hemi and nv4500 that the Hemi grenaded in. Everything is mint on the truck. I am wanting to convert it to a Cummins. I am a certified diesel tech with plenty of experience. My original plan was to use my rusted out 12 valve as a donor but I want everything including the cruise to work and I am not seeing how I can do that going from drive by wire to mechanical. My questions are is it possible to make the 12 valve work or would I be better off going with a common rail? If I go with a common rail I am thinking about buying a totaled 06 or newer truck and swapping bodies because I would like to be able to tune with EFI Live . What are your thoughts?

I don't have the threads on hand but if you go through the convertion threads there is a couple builds. The thread MINIWHEAT is a good one to. Though that one went from stock to extreme in a hurry.

Thanks for the info. I have been doing a lot of reading and designing in my head and maybe I am crazy for thinking it might work but would it be possible to fabricate together a throttle setup using my throttle body off of my hemi and the cable set up off of a 2003 5.9 and have my 12 valve drive by wire? I am sure I would need custom tuning for the hemi ecm to make it work. The other option would be to pick up a common rail ecm and harness to use the 03 throttle cable setup. I won't be starting this project until the spring so I have plenty of time to think lol

Painless still makes a wire in harness for 03-05 trucks, if that may help any.

Thanks for the tip. Does anyone know how I can get my cruise to work using the hemi ecm? I would ideally like to stick with my 12 valve if possible

Back