2005 Jeep Liberty Diesel $5500

JD3020

2005 Jeep Liberty Sport CRD Diesel, 133k miles. Automatic transmission, manual transfer-case
2.8L 4 cylinder Inline 4 diesel, turbocharged. EGR/FCV/catalytic converter has been deleted.
Power windows, Power locks, keyless entry, factory AM/FM/CD player with steering wheel mounted controls.
Does have cruise control buttons, but needs turned on in the computer by a dealer
Tan cloth interior in good condition, front/rear Weathertech floor mats and front seat covers.
Professionally tinted, 20% on the front doors, 5% on the rears.

Most of the items i replaced January 2016, sure i'm missing a few things
-New battery and alternator
-Rear brake calipers, pads, and rotors
-Rear driveshaft was re-built and balanced with Spicer u-joints
-New 245/70/16 Kuhmo Road Venture tires, nice all-terrain tire that is excellent in dirt and snow, and quiet on the road. They have a lot of grip.
-Both front wheel bearings
-New glow plugs and block heater cord
-Mishimoto silicone intercooler hoses

At 121k miles i did a full timing belt service. That included a timing belt, timing belt tensioner and idler pulleys, and a water pump. I used all OEM components, not a cheap or easy job but good to go for another 100k miles. While i had it apart i also did a full EGR/FCV delete, EGR cooler is still mounted on the block and i will include the parts to put it back to stock.

At 123k miles i serviced the front differential, rear differential with a LubeLocker gasket to make future service easier, transfer-case, and the transmission including new filters and added a drain plug. Used synthetic fluids all around.

12/30/2016, 133k miles i did an oil change, replaced the air and fuel filter, and replaced the fuel filter head with the updated Chrysler part as they are a common spot to leak. Also replaced 2 serpentine belt idler pulleys as they were making a little noise, used original pulleys from Italy.

I bought this Jeep off the original owners summer of 2015 with 115k miles, and its been my DD since then. It runs and drives great, gets great fuel economy and is enjoyable to drive. Its fantastic in snow/ice, better than any of our 4wd trucks. Last spring i took it to Orlando, Florida, and in the fall went to eastern Pennsylvania. Running 75-85mph on the highway with A/C on i averaged 25mpg's on both trips. At normal highway speeds i've seen close to 29, and usually get 21-24mpg's around town. Selling it as i'm getting ready to buy a new truck and don't drive enough to justify keeping this.

Asking $5500

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    325.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 14203375_10210652581693167_4656953517405607771_n.jpg
    14203375_10210652581693167_4656953517405607771_n.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20160911_164131_zpsdpjxuim4.jpg
    20160911_164131_zpsdpjxuim4.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 0
Pm sent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I didn't realize you still had this. Can you PM me the VIN?

Yeah, i've had it for sale a couple times priced a bit high just to see if it'd sell, didn't have a ton of interest. But i miss not having a truck since my OBS hasn't ran in over a year, and now i have my heart set on a 13+ 6.7 Lariat. Ready to get this thing sold and put the money towards a truck.

These things are neat cars, I did an egr delete, Green Diesel Engineering tune, timing belt, and lifters on one last winter, pretty cool little motor, and easy to work on once you get the proper tools for the cams. Good luck with the sale!!!

Yeah they are awesome little rigs, but so many have been ruined because nobody knows how to work on them. My sister-in-law has had one since 08/09ish and i did the timing belt on it years ago, so when i bought this one i already had the expensive tools and knowledge to do it. But most people neglect it or get screwed by a shop that has no clue what they're doing and thats the end of their CRD.

I read on one of the CRD forums that out of the 25-30k CRD's sold here, its estimated that theres only 5k or so left on the road.

I'm really wanting dad to like it! I drove one last time I was vehicle shopping, I loved it, wanted to buy it, but the dealer was being retarded. He's working tonight, said he'd check out the craigslist add tomorrow sometime.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

For a daily driver these things are perfect. Plenty of power, good on fuel, easy to whip it around wherever, its tremendous in snow/ice, and its extremely quiet and rides good compared to a Wrangler or Cherokee. These transfer cases have 2wd, 4wd "part time" like a regular 4wd t-case, then "full time" where its clutched and you can run in 4wd on dry pavement with no binding, and a regular 4 low. We do snow removal in the winter so i'm out generally out on roads before they get plowed or salted, i click this thing into full time 4wd and can go anywhere without an issue. A lot better than a truck, and i don't have to switch in and out of 4wd when i go from snow to dry or wet roads or need to make a sharp turn.

Its really a shame that they only sold this powertrain in a Liberty in the U.S., i'd love to import a CRD Wrangler, or swap a Wrangler someday.

If someone buys my truck sometime soon I'll be getting a hold of you. I like these things. I drove one once and though it's no 600 hp stump pulling cummins there sufficient. If it was any color than red I probably wouldn't look at any others

Sorry guys, haven't been on here in a while. Been busy with life and work. I still have the Jeep, although it hasn't moved in 2 months. i was on my way to buy my '14 F-250 in January when the temp gauge pegged itsself. I bought a new OEM temp sensor and t-stat but haven't had a chance to get it in the shop and tear into it. Still runs fine and i'm thinking it was just a temp sensor failure, but not driving or selling it till i can figure out whats up whenever that is.

Back