2006 Cummins Rocky Mountain Truck Fest - July 23

RacinDuallie said:
Heard the DR.P truck was low qualifier of the meet?
What happened with the Bentz crew?
Well, the short answer is our best pass of the weekend? 8.800 at 164.93 We all did well, Greg and Dustin and respective crews. Greg's best run was the 8.85, did not get the speed numbers. I will let him post the details.

We ran 7 total passes, 5 on Saturday, 2 on Sunday, won the event Saturday, and unfortunatly never got a side by side.

More later. Great time, and thanks to everyone that came out!

Glad you guys had a good safe event, and didnt kill any parts Scott. Sounds like I missed a good time!

Thanks for the update Dustin. Glad you guys had a good time and like Tim said, no broken parts.

Guess this disproves the can't get in the 9 second thing. :woohoo:

Congrats to everyone.

Should have taken me up on the 9 sec bet lol.

I'm actually a big fan of the Keating crew and all the diesel racers. When I said lame I meant it is lame that even with a decent fan base the sport cannot find a way to put enough money in racers pockets to at least break even and be able to attend the national events and grow the sport that much more.

I was looking forward to the Sat dyno showdown but found out on Fri afternoon it had been moved to Fri night. Was not able to make that happen. Can't wait to hear the results. Did you go over 700 Robert and were you able to drive it home?

Duke1n said:
Should have taken me up on the 9 sec bet lol.

Timbeaux38 said:
Tell Ya What Mike, I bet you dinner that Hogue can run at Least as fast as he did In Bowling Green LOL

I think I did... See post 41-42

Timbeaux38 said:
Glad you guys had a good safe event, and didnt kill any parts Scott. Sounds like I missed a good time!
Yep, we killed nothing, just fought a nitrous wire that got pinched and ruined 3 runs of the 5 on Saturday. We popped an internal soft plug and got oil and water mixed up late Saturday. We pulled the head, inspected the engine, put is back together, and loaded it up for Sunday in under 3 hours. The engine looked too good internally.

More Info on the event:

Thanks to everyone that came and watched, or played with us all. I really hope you had fun. We had an excellent turnout, Saturday and Sunday, and although the temerature was a bit hot, everyone seemed to hold up well.

We managed 7 runs on the dragster (5 Saturday and 2 Sunday), and won the Saturday Top Diesel event, but Greg Hogue did get the low qualifyer bonus on Saturday, with a 9.10 to our 9.17 (if I remember the times right).

We made the best pass for us ever at Denver, with an 8.800 at 164, Sunday in front of the crowd, and then first round, they paired us and Greg agains gassers to have a gas vs. diesel shootout, and Dustin treed our competitor, but we lost by less than a car length. That pass was a 9.11. Greg made 3 runs on Sunday, with a best of 8.85.

Thanks to Greg and the Dr. Performance team for coming and playing. You guys are getting too close to us, we have to step it up. We could not hit our 60 ft times, and will get that back, and hopefully come to Houston later in the year and do this again.

lpreston said:
Guess this disproves the can't get in the 9 second thing. :woohoo:
Now for our excuses:

The bad deal was the 8.800 pass we made had a bad 60 ft time, and the #6 injector line was left loose (by me) during the warmup. We had fuel spraying out on the left tire at the hit of the throttle, and luckily the starting line crew did not see it. I just about shut Dustin off.

As we all say, when everything works right, these cars run great. Just try to get it all working right at one time!

Thanks for the reports Scott. 8.80 @ 164 on a ride that still has bugs to work out up at Mile High is still DANG SWEET!!! Can't wait to see ya get it all worked out and in the land of 7's again.......:bow: :woohoo: :woohoo:

:rockwoot:

Right now our big problem is getting the 60' times down by a lot. That would make a huge difference. And loosen up the torque converter. Comp's truck was hitting like 1.20's and that thing launches just awesome. BTW, that truck of his sounds flat wierd. It sounds nothing like a Cummins. You can tell nothing in that motor is stock. All for now.

Did he go up to the tree and smack it up on the spool? I love how that truck bumps in and spools up in a instant.:bow: :rockwoot:

And the BIG question........ ANY VIDS???????

Last edited:
Yes he did. That truck spools QUICK!! I thought we were relatively quick on spool. He just rolls in and that thing is up! The ATS guys had two cameras at different angles shooting vids, so we've all gotta be patient while they get the vids sorted out.

dukey i didn't dyno because u weren't there, and i pulled in 2 divisions and was responsible for preping the track so didn't really kill my self trying to,but it was a great event, and gata brag Beat Bbhunting on #2 :} :} guess the 6.0 in't that bad after all lol, but i really stressed my trans friday and it took a crap the first pass sat morning. But due to a big help from Clint and all the great guys at ATS we had it roaling again to race sunday and ran my fastest time on fuel (14.0) so it was a great weekend, but the best part was finally meeting david, rich and all the other guys
thanks for coming and see you all in huston
robert
out
p.s. i guess with enough power you can fry a suncoast trans :} :} lol

RacinDuallie said:
Did he go up to the tree and smack it up on the spool? I love how that truck bumps in and spools up in a instant.:bow: :rockwoot:

And the BIG question........ ANY VIDS???????
I got some as well, ill try and find a place to get them uploaded. It was a good time, meeting all the new people, and the sweet rides!

alldiesels said:
and ran my fastest time on fuel (14.0) so it was a great weekend

robert
out

HMMMMMMM:confused:

alldiesels said:
13.845 at 95.644 mph on fuel with a 1.964 60 time
robert
out

So which is it robert out?? 13.8.....or 14.0.....??:doh: :blahblah1: :1tooth: :lolly:

Back