2007 Classic Chevy 2500HD ECSB 4wd

SmokeShow

Posting this up for a friend, Mike Gay.

2007 Classic Chevy 2500HD Extended Cab Short Bed 4wd w/ 90k miles.

Engine:
Just built, only has about 500 miles on it
- 40-over Fingers Cast Oval Bowl Pistons
- Carillo Rods
- Fluidamper
- SoCal 3388 Cam (I believe it's std firing order but I'll verify)
- Also pretty sure it has ARP head studs and main studs but I'll have to verify.
- Machining and balancing done by a very reputable racing engine shop here in KY - Smith Racing Engines. They've done several engines for Mike and Garrick and a number of other duramaxes. This isn't their first rodeo. ;)
- Mike assembled the engine himself. Again, this isn't his first rodeo, he's put together a hand full of these built duramaxes now. It's running great with no leaks or known issues.

Fuel System:
- PPE Dual CP3 kit with two stock LBZ pumps
- Fass 250 lift pump
- 70% LBZ Injectors by Spenser Sims of Sims Diesel. I think these may have been done when Spenser worked as Diesel Inj. but I'll have to verify. Either way, they're done right - not just EDM'd, they're honed and balanced as a complete inj. at proper operating pressures. :thumb:

Air In & Out:
- HSP Twin kit - hopefully Mark can/will verify since Mike bought the kit thru him, but I believe it's an S475 over the stock charger. The stock charger has the drop-in batmowheel.
- PPE manifolds and up-pipes
- 5" exhaust
- Banks Intercooler

Transmission/Transfer Case:
- Merchant Built Suncoast IV transmission. (~50k miles on trans.)
- 1079 converter
- Pump Rub kit in transfer case (I assume it's MA kit but will verify)

Other:
- Black 20" KMC Wheels on Cooper STT mud tires with 75% tread remaining
- Black Fusion Front bumper
- Aftermarket Head Lights
- Brand new Clarion radio with two backup cameras. One in bed for gooseneck hookup and one in bumper
- EGT & Boost gauges in a pod in the overhead console
- Air bags w/ compressor on the rear with gauge and controls in the cab.
- EBC Pads and rotors (almost $1000 worth of brake parts on it)

Mark, at Danville Performance, tunes the truck. Has DSP-5 switch. Mike just got back from dynoing at Danville Performance where the truck put down 770rwhp (see dyno sheet). Mike maintains his vehicles very well and spares no expense on anything. Truck has never been down the drag strip or sled pulled.

I'm sure there's more done to it, that's just all I know of at this time. I'll update as I learn more. Please post up if there are any questions. I'll get answers ASAP.

Mike is starting out asking $35K but that price is negotiable. If you want to talk to Mike about more details or have pricing offers, please PM me and I'll send you his number. I don't want to be in the middle of the negotiations. I do encourage you to make offers though, you may be surprised. ;)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

HSP Twins...
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Dyno Sheet...
attachment.php

Odometer. It will still be driven some so it will go up a little bit
attachment.php

Last edited:
Some updated info:
- ARP head & main studs.
- LML Head gaskets
- stock 16:1 compression ratio
- standard firing order cam
- tool box goes with it.
- Std Clevite bearings
- traction bars (has the nice rod ends like Tomac's)
- tie rod sleeves

And the truck is in Lawrenceburg, KY 40342

Back