2008 cbr 1000rr

TheBigNasty

Project bish
Never ride it anymore. Wouldn't mind the money for other toys. It's a limited edition black, 373 of 500. Some scratches from the stand bolt falling out when moving it once. $8000

Bike%207.jpg

Bike%206.jpg

Bike%205.jpg

Bike%203.jpg

Bike%204.jpg

You've got a headlight out......

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

I worked at a bike shop for almost 30 years. When they first started making them like that we got at least one call everyday wanting warranty work to fix their headlights.

Nice bike. Good luck with the sale.

I've had several CBR's, I work at a place that designs motorcycles, and I still get the headlight out call ALL THE TIME!

How often do you change the oil and how low is it before you change it? 08's were notorious for burning oil, but it's only about half of them that didn't get the hole drilled correctly from what I read.

And Richter, how's that Cross Country? I realllllly want to buy a Magnum. Might happen soon-ish.

I've read about the oil burning issue. Asked the PO about it, said he believed it was from all the heroes that would crank it up and go to revving it cold. Said to always let it warm up before giving it any hard throttle. I've only put 2k miles or so on it and have never had an issue or seen smoke. I've had the oil changed 3 times in those 2k miles.

I'm pretty sure it was the con-rod oil hole not being drilled all the way through so oil would not flow fast enough and burn, and also the piston rings were pretty lofty with tolerance and would let too much oil stay on the cylinder walls.

It's not a big deal if you keep up on it. I mean, every Audi ever does the same thing with piston rings.

It's not because of beating on it though. I've got three CBRs, two at 40k, and one at 20k and haven't ever had this issue. They don't get babied either.

And at the end of the day, the 08 is still a Honda. Those engines go forever. My buddy Jared is past 300k on his 04 CBR F4i. The dude is nuts and loves that bike. No problems. The clutches even looked good when he tore into it to check everything. Awesome bikes!

Yea I never really looked into it, just going off what he suggested. I love the bike, just have way too many new hobbies and nobody really rides anymore. Fiancée has never liked it anyways. I won't be mad if it keeps its spot in the corner of the garage though.

And Richter, how's that Cross Country? I realllllly want to buy a Magnum. Might happen soon-ish.

Not to hijack the thread, but I love my bike. Don't get to put enough miles on it. Mine is a 12 with a 23" front wheel. I also put LLoyds cams in it and a few other things. Very fun bagger.

Not to hijack the thread, but I love my bike. Don't get to put enough miles on it. Mine is a 12 with a 23" front wheel. I also put LLoyds cams in it and a few other things. Very fun bagger.

Very nice! I got to talk to Lloyd at Daytona and watch the stunt guys drift the 300hp blown one's. Then I got to take the wife out on a Magnum a few weeks ago and she loved it as well. It's only a matter of time before one's in my garage for keeps!

Back to the CBR!

Back