2008 Ford 6.4 No start in the morning

macmnz

Took my 6.4 172,000 miles to the dealership to have the fuel filters changed about a week ago. Every morning since then it starts and shuts off. I get P2291 low fuel rail pressure when cranking. I cycle the key as per manual for about 15-20 minutes then it starts right up and no more starting problem the rest of the day. Only the next morning same thing. I took it back twice. The first time was told it was a dirty fuel tank....didn't leave it. The second time I noticed the top side fuel filter was leaking. Took it back, they replaced the o-ring. I took it home started fine the next morning then the following morning same issue back again. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this issue. I find it suspect that it started happening after the fuel filter change.

Truck has H&S tuner-egr/pdf delet kit.

I had one here once we didnt use genuine Ford filters in and it did the exact same thing. Switched to Ford filters and fixed it right away.

I thought maybe changing the filters again might help but, since the ford dealership did the filter change I assumed that they used ford filters. It still has me stumped. This morning I did see slight moisture on the secondary filter top side. Thought maybe the cap is bad.

The upper fuel filter from Ford should come with a new cap if it is a genuine Ford filter.

I thought maybe changing the filters again might help but, since the ford dealership did the filter change I assumed that they used ford filters. It still has me stumped. This morning I did see slight moisture on the secondary filter top side. Thought maybe the cap is bad.

Never assume someone else did the right thing, especially dealerships want to pump them out fast make the big$$ without getting their hands dirty. Just my two cents.

And dealerships dont use OEM filters unless you request and pay for it.

The mystery has been solved. Took my truck to the GM dealership of all places where my buddy is the manager. They found that the braided fuel line that runs underneath the turbo top side is leaking.

Back