2009 2.6 Street Diesel rules 2.6

Should be, but I'm about to build my hitch (don't have a good one yet) and I don't want to get somewhere and have someone pull the diameter card and say I'm out.

Do I need to build it 3.75" round or 3" x 3.75"? I only want to do this once.
If you are going to build your hitch, I highly recommend you construct
the 3.750" round set up.

regards

Eric

Not going with the NTPA spec hitch?

Maybe NADM brings their own hook because less than 3" wide hooks are only good enough for 10,000 HP Unlimidted Mods. And we are dealing with diesel trucks here.

That isn't a very heartwarming answer from the new tech.

Maybe NADM brings their own hook because less than 3" wide hooks are only good enough for 10,000 HP Unlimidted Mods. And we are dealing with diesel trucks here.

I was at a meeting with Gene about a month ago. He said there going to use the NTPA spec hitch. 3.75 round would cover you either way. I all ready waterjeted my new one 3. x 3.75. Its going to stay that way.

I am getting tired of having keep changing my hitch. I had to mill it before Zanesville because of the new bigger hook. :rolleyes: Then I get there early so I can make sure it fits only to find it would have fit just fine without the 2 hours of work I did to it that week.:kick:

Than I broke my trans on the line making for a super awesome weekend.:doh:

I was at a meeting with Gene about a month ago. He said there going to use the NTPA spec hitch. 3.75 round would cover you either way. I all ready waterjeted my new one 3. x 3.75. Its going to stay that way.

I am getting tired of having keep changing my hitch. I had to mill it before Zanesville because of the new bigger hook. :rolleyes: Then I get there early so I can make sure it fits only to find it would have fit just fine without the 2 hours of work I did to it that week.:kick:

Than I broke my trans on the line making for a super awesome weekend.:doh:

Confucius say, man who meet with Gene, destined to have crappy time.

:hehe:

Kyle;

Let me clarify a couple of things here. If you ALREADY have a hitch that is 3 X 3.750" and you come to my tech line, I will not turn you away. Now if you are building a new hook, then I suggest the 3.750 I/D set up. As for being heartwarming......the "warm fuzzy feeling" :umno: you are seeking is not to be found with me.

Eric

Confucius say, man who meet with Gene, destined to have crappy time.

:hehe:

I was thinking along the same lines. I can't believe John actually said he was at the meeting with Gene. Next time, say I saw him at the meeting or something!

Kyle;
the "warm fuzzy feeling" :umno: you are seeking is not to be found with me.

Eric

I like this guy mabey their will be no grey aera when it comes to rules, it looks like if it aint legal it aint legal period go cry in the corner! I hope he looks like Mr. T:
mr-t-says.jpg

Brandon

Dumbass, everyone knows Mr. T does not use an "L" in the word "fool" :hehe:

It's FOO! You got dat, foo? :D

If you all are curious, I stand 6'6" tall and 290 lbs, and Gene can verify that:rockwoot:! If you pull up to my Tech Line, you will know who I am. I am really easy to get along with, but I don't do gray area well.

Regards

Eric

If you all are curious, I stand 6'6" tall and 290 lbs, and Gene can verify that:rockwoot:! If you pull up to my Tech Line, you will know who I am. I am really easy to get along with, but I don't do gray area well.

Regards

Eric

So Gene got tired of everybody picking on him and hired someone??

Kyle;

Let me clarify a couple of things here. If you ALREADY have a hitch that is 3 X 3.750" and you come to my tech line, I will not turn you away. Now if you are building a new hook, then I suggest the 3.750 I/D set up.

Eric

Care to explain why you suggest a 3.75" wide hook point? Or was that just you trying to sound smart and authoritative?

Its pretty simple in most cases the hooks are now thicker and heavier, if you tighten the chain on hitch with a 3" hole it will not let the chain and the hook straighten completly out thus shortening the distance between the truck and sled. It also makes it easier to hook and unhook the chain, we ran into a instance where the hook got stuck in the hitch with 3" hole and had to be beat unhooked with a hot temper mental truck hooked to it not fun.

Be careful Disturbed, you don't want to sound "smart and authoritative"!!!:hehe:

And I never teched for NADM, so all those shots are just wasted. However, I'll pass those thoughts onto the people that did!:poke:

BTW Cooper, you were mistaken for Bowser tonight at the Western meeting. Now THATS an insult!!

BTW Cooper, you were mistaken for Bowser tonight at the Western meeting. Now THATS an insult!!

Jeeminy Christmas. What's next, I get mistaken for Borok IBombYa?

Was this a civilized meeting, or were they all huddled in the unheated trailer (whoops, "mobile estate") like it was last year?

Did you hear, I was the 2008 Hot Stock Diesel Champ with NWPA? I won every single Hot Stock event they had this year.

All one of 'em :D

Care to explain why you suggest a 3.75" wide hook point? Or was that just you trying to sound smart and authoritative?

Geez, Kyle, have you not realized by now that standardizing rules across sanctioning bodies, even something as simple as a hitch hole, is like inverse negative gravity? It can't happen, or the earth blows up.

Back