2009 Dodge Wiring Diagram. Who has one?

Tobin, you are my new best friend. I should have introduced myself when I saw you at TS this year...I think that was you. :D

I'd love some diagrams...and to know that the TIPM is controlled by CAN messages...well....I can send messages with my display. YES!!! Now, to figure it all out.

Comparing the OBDII plug in the truck with the diagram above, there are no wires in the CAN positions, only the SCI. Are you telling me the SCI are actaully the ones on the CAN bus?

I'll PM you my email. We need to become buddies for a week or two. LOL

I'm assuming now that SCI stands for "Starscan Can Interface"? I wonder if this interface is compliant with J1939 or if it is some other protocol.

Are you sure that you odn't have pins 14 and 6 populated in the OBDII connector? They were on the 2009 that got converted to a 2006 ECM.

I'll email the link to the 2008 document. it's too big to gmail.

You aren't going to take it off the OBDII plug? There's a CAN stream right there.

I tried to tap the CAN in the diag plug last night. Nothing. I double checked the pins, CAN+ is pin 6 and CAN- is pin 14. Nothing. Swapped the wires thinking I might have + and - swapped. Nothing. What gives?

Is there a command to send to get the diag to transmit to the plug? Does it need to see a load on the +12 pin to transmit? I tried it with and without a termination resistor too.

Any info on this?

That seems right according to my notes. On the 04.5 swap to a 06 CAN ECM, I had Danny add the CAN+ and CAN- pins to the OBDII port and then the efilive cable worked. 14 and 6 is what he added. I believe it's enabled the entire time.

I'm assuming now that SCI stands for "Starscan Can Interface"? I wonder if this interface is compliant with J1939 or if it is some other protocol.

SCI stands for serial communications interface. Its the microprocessor network pre-CAN (which is Controller Area Network)

Where did you locate all the standard definitions? Im looking to do something similar with my 2010. I also have a Mini Maxx and a CAN capable scope, was planning to log the commands for fogs with high beams when I get time. If I can get them I'll send them your way.

What software / Hardware are you using?

Joe

Sent from my hacked DROID3 using Tapatalk

Sorry for the excessive posts. I also have manuals for a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse, 2000 and 2003 Dodge Durango and 2003 Dodge Dakota.

I also have other non-vehicle manuals. More often than not, I can find the manuals online for free if I know what I am looking for. BTW this is message 10 so I can PM you know.

I had an epiphany last night....the stupid "diag port" pigtail that comes off the ECM is NOT connected to the CAN C bus, thus, I couldn't get any PCM data. Since the Data Link Connector seems to be some other protocol and I can't log or get any data out of it, I will have to tap the CAN C bus somewhere in the harness. No wonder I was having so many problems getting info. :bang

I'll try to tap the actual Can C soon and report back. :D

I've got the 2008 manual now...I'm assuming it will be wire-for-wire like the 2009? It has to be close, correct?

It appears to be on pins 41 and 45 of Connector C219 which is the huge connector inside the cab on the firewall above your feet. :D Bonus....no drillin' holes in the fire wall!

The CAN C (diag, or CAN D) are pins 71 and 74. Those are proving to be worthless for this application.

Last edited:
I know the 2006 is all by itself. Cause they didn't use the same model tipm. They switched them every year for a few year. At least in the 1500 series.

I found out that connector C219 in my 09 does NOT match that of the 2008 manual I have.

2008 manual:
C219 pin 41 shows CAN C BUS (-), White/Light Blue
C219 pin 45 shows CAN C BUS (+), White/Light Green

2009 Truck:
C219 pin 41 is White/Light Blue
C219 pin 44 is White/Black

I still didn't get any data from this bus on my recorder, but it might have been the $.02 smash on taps that ain't worth a shidt.

Can anyone confirm the 2009 pinnout for C219?

Is everyone off today? WTH? LOL

The wires on the 2008 are way different than this 2009.

Does anyone have the 2009 manual they can dropbox me? Pwetty pweeze?

Is everyone off today? WTH? LOL

The wires on the 2008 are way different than this 2009.

Does anyone have the 2009 manual they can dropbox me? Pwetty pweeze?
They don't make a 2009 PDF that I've found (if I'm wrong, dropbox it to me :hehe:). You have to use the body builders website on ram.com or something like that. I'll find instructions.

Even though the C219 pin-out for the 2009 SHOWS CAN C bus...it is NOT populated. So, the easiest place to tap was the wht/lt blu and wht/lg coming out of the ABS module. I can capture the data with the E-Com, but the display still won't show it. I figured out today how to toggle the internal termination resistor to OFF on the diplay. The E-Com isn't terminated so hopefully, tonight, I'll see some dancin' gauges for the first time!

So is the CAN C bus SAE J1850 Standard instead of the J1939 like the diag port from the ECM?

Anyone got the SAE J1850 Standard definition list?

I can log data from the CAN C, but nothing is defined as J1939 so I assuming it must be J1850?

Back