2012 jetta tdi clogged dpf

danielle2012

hi me and my wife bought a new 2012 jetta tdi 6 speed 4 months ago we got 10562 miles on it and was running great. and we ran over huge speed bump to fast at night and it cracked the intercooler and an bunch of plastic stuff under there. so i towed it to the dealer the next business day and theve had it over a month now and they fixed everything and went to test drive it then they had to install a new turbo they said that was junk. then they couldnt get it to build boost now they said the dpf is so clogged they have to replace it the bill is over 10,000 dollars thanks to insurance all we have to pay is our deductible but when the intercooler cracked and the intercooler tube came off shouldnt the check engine light of came on.

Welcome to the Site.

Wow that is a lot of damage from a peed bump...

As far as the Turbo not building boost because the DPF is clogged doesn't sound right to me? If it were clogged enough to not build any boost, then how is it running at all?

yea thats what i thought. i no when i picked the car up the next day after it happend the whole back bumper was coverd in soot, worse then my truck lol. but anyway they said it doesnt make boost and is still overfueling. they had to call and fly a tech from colorado to wi in to check it out after a month that they couldnt fix it. im sappose to be getting a call today to see if the dpf fixed it or not. my wife asked me if they could just remove it and i said after the warranty is up there will be a dpf delete on it witha malone tune i think. i just would of thought a check engine light would of came on. and before this happend about a month after we bought it we had to bring it in casue it would al a sudden die when you were slowing down with the clutch in they said they updated the computer to fix it. it did it once after but ran good since.

Back